Serious speed problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I have big problems with my site. It takes up to ten minutes to load pages and sometimes you can't enter the site at all. I run Nop 2.7
11 years ago
You will need to give some more details than that.

A link to your site would be most helpful for starters.

I would also suggest you search the forum as there are many threads discussing speed issues.

Also what hardware environment is your site running on?

Thanks
11 years ago
Sorry, I missed to add the link.

http://www.vimmerbytrojtryck.se/se/

I have to come back to you with hard ware, my web hotel have not answered me yet.
11 years ago
Just by eye that took 7 sec to load here, not great but not 10 mins either, are you using dial up internet?

Here is a web speed test report on your site

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/130115_NT_BGK/

Looks like your banner images are gobbling loads of bandwidth. Try taking them all off and see if that helps. Then put them back as compressed jpg files not png. Make the banner smaller in area if you can 1/2 x width and 1/2 x height = 4 times less area = less bandwidth.

Fix the broken favicon link.

Your page comes in at 3,818 KB nearly 4 MB!!!! that is too much, cut it down, optimise the graphics etc what ever. Just because peoples bandwidth has gone up doesn't mean you should build 4MB web pages and then expect it to go fast. Aim for 0.5 MB you might not get there but it's a good target.

Also you could probably turn on compression  both static and dynamic - tho with dynamic the server has to be under a minimal amount of load and being on a web hotel you may not have the options.

I would have serious doubts about using a web host that cannot instantly tell me what hardware my site is running on. Because if they can't do that when something breaks I suspect the delay will be even longer. When your website is offline you make no sales.  

My general rule of thumb is 10% of ecommerce site turnover to be spent on hosting infrastructure.

HTH
11 years ago
Thanks alot :) I'll take a look at this :)
11 years ago
it takes about 15-20 seconds to load the homepage, from singapore.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.