Excel import

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
This weekend, I build out an improved Excel Import process that supports updating products in addition to creating new ones. I match based on product name and SKU and support updating multiple variants under each product. This involved making changes to the business layer, data layer and adding some stored procedures. I didn't want to modify the UI so I put a flag in the input Excel spreadsheet to use this new process instead of the native import.

This isn't a self-contained module--it modifies several key files in nopCommerce that will have to be merged back in after an upgrade. If anyone is intersted in this code, I can share it but I cannot provide support for it. Ideally, this would be incorporated back into nopCommerce (with the UI enhancements to eliminate my Excel schema detection hack).
14 years ago
You're more than welcome to contribute this Excel module.
14 years ago
I'll package it up and submit to [email protected] later this week.
14 years ago
Where can I find this module.  I was just about to leave a commment for a suggestion for this. If you could please email it to me or post it for download please.
Thanks you for your contribution!
14 years ago
I wouldn't use the word 'module' for what I wrote, since it touches the data tier and business tier objects. It has some drawbacks but works. I'm on a crunch to get this site live in the next few days, but give me the weekend and I'll zip it up with some rudementary instructions.
14 years ago
Understood!  As long as I have the source I will be able to integrate it in.

I just got dome doing this site with the NopCommerce engine and turned out great!

www.tointerios.com

Like to see yours when complete.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.