IE 10 compatibility issues?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi there

My previous platform was W7 64 and IE 9 32 (local hosting) running nC 2.65. No problem at all. Then I upgraded to W8 64 and IE 10 64 (local hosting), installed Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 4, and upgraded nC to 2.70. I got several issues:
1. Admin menus did not work like mentioned here. Solved if I switched my browser to Google Chrome.
2. Could not upload product pictures. IE 10 64 would stop responding and creating an entry in Event Viewer (Faulting module mshtml.dll). Solved if I press F12 and select Browser Mode: IE 9 or older. No problem with Google Chrome.
3. Sometimes opening new tab in admin area was very slow. Unfortunately I could not find an exact way to duplicate this issue. Again no problem at all with Google Chrome

Later I upgraded nC to 2.80. Only problem no. 1 above seems OK right now.

So my questions:
1. Is there any compatibility issue between nC 2.80 and IE 10 64 on W8?
2. Is it because of upgraded browser version (9 vs 10) or 32 vs 64 bit? Unfortunately I never tried IE 9 64 on W7 before.
3. I'd love to try IE 10 32 on W8 64 but could not find a way. Even clicking directly from c:\program files (x86) would run 64 (at least from what I see in Task Manager).

Any help/comment would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards

PW
11 years ago
Same problems.
A customer reported that could not even login and had to switch to f refox...
11 years ago
Same problem. The patch http://www.hanselman.com/blog/BugAndFixASPNETFailsToDetectIE10CausingDoPostBackIsUndefinedJavaScriptErrorOrMaintainFF5ScrollbarPosition.aspx
has not effects for me.
11 years ago
The same problem - cannot login. The cookies are on. I can log in to this site, but cannot log in on my nopCommerect.2.6 site.

Is there way to fix this?

Thank you,
Serge.
11 years ago
Visit https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/15088/windows-8-alpha-tester-ie-10-must-use-compatibility-mode.aspx.

The Akari post (It's caused by Browser Detection function in file browserCaps.config failed to detect IE10.) is ok for me!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.