Forum Spam - Auto Bots

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
nopC 2.70 - Have Recapcha - Must register to post - But no SSL on that particular site cause dont accept payments.

Still In only two days I have almost 300 post from auto bots in my forum? What can I do to stop that?

I dont see the connection with SSL and those post with the above safeguards in place. Is that it? Do I need SSL and it will stop? (I dont see SSL on this forum)?

Thanks if you can help? :)
11 years ago
I had the same problem on my site www.durmaled.com
I went and changed to 'register to post on forums'
Autobots cant register so therefore they will ignore your site.
11 years ago
durma wrote:
I had the same problem on my site www.durmaled.com
I went and changed to 'register to post on forums'
Autobots cant register so therefore they will ignore your site.

I already have it set to must register to post. Now it is up to 1027 bogus post! GRRR
11 years ago
I am facing the same issue, I wanted to enable email validation for register, but that isnt working for me:(, I guess you may try it, enable email validation registration and these attacks should stop
11 years ago
Is there a way to delete multiple registered users?
11 years ago
unfortunately no way from admin panel, i have seen this option in some previous version, but dint see it in latest releases..  may be someone from nop dev team or dev guys can give some workaround
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.