override views via plugin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hello Guys,

I new to the nopcommerce and develop bit of themes only. Now i have a requirement of creating a plugin. And i know how to create plugin. The problem is to orverride the current views and partial views using the plugin. Can anyone point for the situation and any tutorial would helpful for this.

Thanks in Advance.
11 years ago
There are two ways :

1. Embeded Resources

Add view in plugin and set build actions as "Embedded Resource" and Give its full path while returning to view from Controller.

2. In default nop.web folder or your theme, Create Folder named of Your Controller of Plugin and copy your views there and don't give full path name as above just return view. It will find in default view folder there.
11 years ago
Hi krutal,

Thanks for replying soon can you give me a demo proj. to understand the first point and i want to set views from the plugin so the first point is good for me. and also i notice that i m also doing changes in the database and create new tables , does this view creating and embedded resource property settings effect to my plugin.

I am using this tutorial for creating database table and access them... https://www.nopcommerce.com/docs/75/plugin-with-data-access.aspx
11 years ago
jayesh_akbari wrote:
Hi krutal,

Thanks for replying soon can you give me a demo proj. to understand the first point and i want to set views from the plugin so the first point is good for me. and also i notice that i m also doing changes in the database and create new tables , does this view creating and embedded resource property settings effect to my plugin.

I am using this tutorial for creating database table and access them... https://www.nopcommerce.com/docs/75/plugin-with-data-access.aspx

Yes the tutorial you are doing is exact matches your requirements.  
And for embedded resource views you just have to give its full path name as some of the current plugin does.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.