Digital Downloads

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I setup a digital download product.  When I purchased the digital download product from the store and checked out as a guest, I didn't receive an email telling me how to get to the download or how to login.

When I checked out by creating an account, I received the receipt email, but it should say on the receipt how the customer should get to the download area.

thanks,
and btw, i love the software, it's excellent.
14 years ago
i have the same question. was there an answer posted?
14 years ago
on admin, click content manager - templates - message templates the scroll down to "OrderCompleted.CustomerNotification" and then edit the text to tell them something like.

If your order consists of software please visit my accounts tab then orders and click on the order you just placed and select the download link from the software you just purchased.

any help? and i don't have any idea about the guest checkout sorry
14 years ago
Thank you so very much for this answer! I am now trying to get the email to function but am unclear about the settings needed. I have a goDaddy account and installed nop from there. Do I need to use the goDaddy email settings to send emails? This seems to make sense, however, the settings I'm using are not working.

Where can I find complete set up instructions for this platform? I have been able to add cats and products and tweak some of the pages, but cannot figure out how to get the emails and shipping costs to work.
14 years ago
I did figure out the shipping costs but still have not figured out how to configure the email service.
14 years ago
go to configuration - global settings - click mail settings then you must enter all of the data supplied by godaddy about your mail server. you must enter:

your Admin email address: <[email protected]>
Email address name: the text you would like to show when a customer receives an email from your store.
the host: <[email protected]><you may have to retrieve this from godaddy.com>
port: standard port is "25"
your user name: <most email clients make you use your own email address as a user name><again you may have to retrieve this from godaddy.com>
your password: <this may be a set password or a password you have chosen>
enabel ssl: <you will need to contact you provider for this>

hope this helps?
daniel
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.