How to go about discount functionality

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi All,

I am new user and very recently i have downloaded Nope Commerce app, features provided by them awesome.
I have a lil doubt regarding discount functionality like I want to display 20% discount with product, for that I I logged as administrator and did set-up as mentioned below
Promotion --> Discounts --> '20% order total' discount

After that Product variants --> Discount I selected '20% order total' discount, even though 20% discount is not reflecting with product. How to display that discount with any product, Please guide me.

Thanx in Advance
11 years ago
Hello,

The discounts are only displayed once the items are added to the shopping basket. If you try this on your store you should see the discount displayed once you put something in your basket.

Am I right in thinking you want the discount to show when customers view the product? Before they've added it to their basket?

If so this will require some custom work. The cost will depend on the complexity of your discounts and how you want that displayed on screen.

Regards,

Nick
11 years ago
Hi, You can also use Old Price and set it higher than your Price in Variant, so the old price will be checked out price displayed. You can do simple logic on View file to display a % difference as a discount on front end without utilizing the discount functionality.
11 years ago
Hi,

The different discounts in nopCommerce are displayed differently.
Some of the discounts are shown on the product page, while others only on the shopping cart page.
It depends on the type of the discount in the dropdown when you create the discount.
The subtotal and total discounts are shown only on the shopping cart page and as the name implies they are applied on the order subtotal and order total respectfully.
While the product variants discounts and category discounts are shown on the product page as old and new price.

Hope this helps!
11 years ago
techfun wrote:
Hi All,

I am new user and very recently i have downloaded Nope Commerce app, features provided by them awesome.
I have a lil doubt regarding discount functionality like I want to display 20% discount with product, for that I I logged as administrator and did set-up as mentioned below
Promotion --> Discounts --> '20% order total' discount

After that Product variants --> Discount I selected '20% order total' discount, even though 20% discount is not reflecting with product. How to display that discount with any product, Please guide me.

Thanx in Advance

If you want a discount displayed in product details page, you have to set Discount Type:Assigned to Product Variants (SKUs) and then select it in the Product variant(s) configuration (in Discounts tab)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.