running 2.65 site not working on new 2008 server ( Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework')

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi-

I've got a running nopcommerce 2.65 site in development on a Windows 2003 server. I wanted to upgrade my nopcommerce to newer versions, but my server didn't support it. So...I have obtained a new Windows 2008 server and copied my 2.65 site to it. Once running, I planned to follow the procedures for upgrading it to 2.8.

When I try to access it in a browser, I get this error:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 40:     </customErrors>
Line 41:     <trace enabled="true" pageOutput="true" />
Line 42:     <compilation debug="false" targetFramework="4.0">
Line 43:       <assemblies>
Line 44:         <add assembly="System.Web.Abstractions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\MFS\web.config    Line: 42
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess this means that my new server doesn't have the older .NET framework installed???
What all has to happen for me to be able to run my site on this server?

Thanks,
Steve
11 years ago
embryo wrote:
I guess this means that my new server doesn't have the older .NET framework installed???

I presume you already have .NET 4.0 or .NET 4.5 installed. Have a look at this page.

Also ensure that that the website is set to use ASP.NET 4.0 and uses that application pool (IIS settings).
11 years ago
Thank you very much!

Indeed..I had not noticed that my site was using the DefaultAppPool, which is using version 2.0 .NET-

Steve
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.