Full text fault on upgrading from 2.65 to 2.8

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I have had several goes at upgrading from 2.65 to 2.8. All seems to work fine apart from when I try to enter the General and Miscellaneous settings in the admin section.
I get the following error:
Short message:  Could not find stored procedure 'FullText_IsSupported'.
Full message:  System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Could not find stored procedure 'FullText_IsSupported'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader() at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.ExecuteStoreQueryInternal[TElement](String commandText, String entitySetName, MergeOption mergeOption, Object[] parameters) at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.ExecuteSqlQuery[TElement](String sql, Object[] parameters) at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.ExecuteSqlQueryAsIEnumerable[TElement](String sql, Object[] parameters) at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.ExecuteSqlQuery(Type elementType, String sql, Object[] parameters) at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalSqlNonSetQuery.GetEnumerator() at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalSqlQuery`1.GetEnumerator() at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at Nop.Services.Common.FulltextService.IsFullTextSupported() at Nop.Admin.Controllers.SettingController.GeneralCommon(String selectedTab) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass42.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__41() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass37.<>c__DisplayClass39.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__33() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass37.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass25.<>c__DisplayClass2a.<BeginInvokeAction>b__20() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) ClientConnectionId:f1005166-6093-4582-ae5c-5b5e79710f3a
IP address:  78.55.209.1
Customer:  [email protected]

Page URL:  http://www.andycoe.com/admin/setting/generalcommon
Referrer URL:  /Admin/Log/List
Created on:  3/3/2013 11:33:25 AM

Can anyone out there please give me a clue as to how to cure this error please?
11 years ago
'FullText_IsSupported' was added in version 2.60. So it initially existed in your database (2.65)

You did something wrong when upgrading. I presume you accidentally deleting 'FullText_IsSupported' stored procedure. I would recommend you to restore your database and try upgrading one more time from scratch.
11 years ago
Hi Andrei
Thanks for the reply. I have tried repeating the procedure on several occasions with two different sites that are running 2.65 with the same result each time apart from one instance that I now don’t seem to be able to replicate.
I am using some alternative domains that I only use for testing, copying the 2.80 no source to the server and copying the settings file to the apps data directory. I then do a backup of the 2.65 database and restore it to the new database created for the new installation. I then run the 2.70 and 2.80 upgrade scripts on the restored database. Everything seems to work fine except that if I try to enter the Admin – Configuration – Settings – General And Miscellaneous Settings menu I get the error.
I have also tried just the step up to 2.70 and this also exhibits the error.
It seems to be database related as if I copy the working 2.80 database to an installation that exhibits the problem it cures the issue.
I have compared the settings table of the working and none working versions and found them to be identical.
Best Regards
Andy Coe
11 years ago
I have exactly the same problem upgrading from 2.65 to 3.00 version from codeplex.

I have not deleted any stored procedure.
11 years ago
I have fixed changing the schema of the stored procedure to dbo using this:

ALTER SCHEMA dbo TRANSFER xxxx.FullText_IsSupported;

Why on 2.65 works fine and on 3.00 I have to use dbo? Will be this fixed for final release of 3.00 version?

Thanks!
11 years ago
Thanks for the replies.
Could you put the solution in to a language suitable for a novice to understand as to what this actually means please?
Regards
Andy
11 years ago
how do we resolve this please?? consider me as novice , I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.8 today and facing this issue..
10 years ago
Can you give me a bit more information on this procedure? I transferred a 3.0 site over from one hosting provider to another(Arvixe).  Previous to the transfer (at the old hosting provider) the procedure worked. At the new host I'm getting the fulltext error when I go to admin/settings/general misc settings. When I migrated I simply restored a backup of my db to the new server and copied over the files from one host to the other.

In troubleshooting this I did a new install. Uploaded my 2.8 db to the new host, ran the upgrade script and then used the new nop30 files to the new host. But I'm having the same issue with the fulltext throwing the error and not being able to access the general settings. Does this procedure need special net ware that I need to ask Arvixe to give me access to? I have a sql 2012 db.  

Thank you for your help.
10 years ago
marie77777 wrote:
Can you give me a bit more information on this procedure? I transferred a 3.0 site over from one hosting provider to another(Arvixe).  Previous to the transfer (at the old hosting provider) the procedure worked. At the new host I'm getting the fulltext error when I go to admin/settings/general misc settings. When I migrated I simply restored a backup of my db to the new server and copied over the files from one host to the other.

In troubleshooting this I did a new install. Uploaded my 2.8 db to the new host, ran the upgrade script and then used the new nop30 files to the new host. But I'm having the same issue with the fulltext throwing the error and not being able to access the general settings. Does this procedure need special net ware that I need to ask Arvixe to give me access to? I have a sql 2012 db.  

Thank you for your help.

There is two chance of this error.

1. Either your new host is SQL Server is not supoorting FULLText support.
2. You have not that StoreProcedure that check that DB is Supporting FULLText or not.
3. And if you moving from Host that Support Full text search to Non supported then you need to change some settings manually.

For solving StoreProcedure issue

Sometimes the store procedure is created with Username schema like [yourusername].FullText_IsSupported so when  you create script or do restore it's not take the schema stuff so you need to create store procedure in your db if you are using arvix then you can open your database in the SQL Management studio by putting your server name and the Username and password

Then you can check if there is store procedure are there or not. if not then you need to either take from your old hosting.
or you can use this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7237117/NopStoreProcedure2.8.sql

I just put the Sql file in it with all store procedure, you need to run this script on  your database.

If your host is not support Full text you need to set Settings "commonsettings.fulltextmode" to "False"

If you try to Go to GeneralSettings it will give you error of the FullText so you need to do it by going in Configuration >>settings >> All Settings(Advanced) one.

then Try to filter "commonsettings.fulltextmode" this and you see it's set to "True" Change it to "False" your error will go..

as now it will not use the FullText feature but it's effect on the performance of the site as Fulltext is faster.

I hope my answer will be help full to you guys if you need any further help just let me know.

Thanks,
Umesh Dumaniya
10 years ago
Fixed! Thank you so much!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.