unsupported T-SQL statements in 2.70 upgrade script (SQL Azure)..see last post

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Fixed. Please changeset 6ac5f7308d62 or simply re-download upgrade script(s) from codeplex. Please try them out and let me know if they work fine for you
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Fixed. Please changeset 6ac5f7308d62 or simply re-download upgrade script(s) from codeplex. Please try them out and let me know if they work fine for you

Well...I started with a fresh copy of my 2.65 database and ran the new 2.70 upgrade script on my SQL Azure database...below is a screen capture of the errors it generated:

http://64.239.149.236/content/images/2point7zero_upgradescript_errors_after_fix.jpg

This is the upgrade script that I'm running that results in the errors:
http://64.239.149.236/content/images/upgrade2point7zero-FIXED.txt

...renamed as a text file

Please advise-

Steve
11 years ago
Hi Steve,

Thanks for testing. I'll have a look at bit later
11 years ago
Fixed. Please try one more time
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Fixed. Please try one more time

Success!

I ran the 2.70 and 2.80 upgrade scripts concurrently and neither had any errors.
However...when I tried accessing the site in a browser, I first got an error indicating I didn't have he correct permissions on images that were to be displayed on the main page...I gave IUSR/Modify permissions on the images folder and that error went away....now, I am getting this error:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Active tax provider cannot be loaded. Please select at least one in admin area.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Nop.Core.NopException: Active tax provider cannot be loaded. Please select at least one in admin area.

Source Error:

Line 11:         <div class="clear">
Line 12:         </div>
Line 13:         @Html.Action("HomepageProducts", "Catalog")
Line 14:         <div class="clear">
Line 15:         </div>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MFSdev\Views\Home\Index.cshtml    Line: 13
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I get past this?

Also...this is the version information reported at the bottom of my error page:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18034

Shouldn't my ASP.NET version be 4.5??

Thanks,
Steve
11 years ago
Hello?  Anyone??

I suspect that the upgrade from 2.65 to 2.70 or 2.70 to 2.80 doesn't take into account those stores that do not have any tax configuration done when performing the upgrade. Which is why I now get the error...

Since I cannot do as the error says, and go into te admin area and set up taxes, can somebody guide me in which table/column of the database that the tax info is stored, and what value(s) I could manually insert that would satisfy the controller that prevents my page from loading??

see the error here:

http://64.239.149.236/

Thanks,
Steve
11 years ago
embryo wrote:
Exception Details: Nop.Core.NopException: Active tax provider cannot be loaded. Please select at least one in admin area.

Hi,

Why do you think it is related somehow to the original question? Just ensure that your solution is compiled and you use have at least one tax plugin into {site_root}\Plugins directory
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi,

Why do you think it is related somehow to the original question? Just ensure that your solution is compiled and you use have at least one tax plugin into {site_root}\Plugins directory

I think it is related because my administration site worked fine as version 2.65, but after upgrading the site and database to version 2.80, this error appears. I think this is a bug because it demands that every site have tax configured prior to upgrading. This should at least be mentioned in the upgrade.txt file.

I do not "compile"...I use the web version, so I do not understand what you mean.

How will I specify any tax plugin if I cannot access the administration site? That is why I am asking if it is possible for me to just insert/update the database with tax info so that the admin site will load.....

Or are you saying there is a tax plugin I can download and just put into the plugins directory in order to get my admin area to load? There are already two Tax related plugins in my plugins folder:
Tax.CountryStateZip
Tax.FixedRate

Thanks,
Steve
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.