Slow performance on hosted deployment

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Any solution? I'm having the same problem. Version 2.3 on GoDaddy shared hosting.
12 years ago
Shared hosting will always be a bit slow, but...
I suspect you only have the issue on "startup"  - note that the ASP app pool will unload your app if it goes idle (20 minutes by default).  You can use www.pingalive.com to always keep it active.

Also, you may want to uninstall unused plugins  - best done by editing a file called InstalledPlugins.txt under App_Data folder (back it up first).  (This has been on my todo list, but I've not yet tried it, so be careful - I think you might need a Tax Provider even if you don't charge tax)
12 years ago
Just set up pingalive.com. Pointed it at the domain. Is that correct? Do I point it just at the domain or ping at mystore.com/KeepAlive/Ping.ashx

Also have the set up at SetCronJob.com.

Will take a look at the plugins.
12 years ago
just point it to www.yourdomain.com
you don't need cron

Just be aware that pingalive hits server every 2 minutes or so  - this will "consume" a customer id  (i.e. your customer id will increment).    

(I'm going to work on some custom code to prevent that, but I don't think I can make a plugin out of it.  I'm going to use another post to ask nopC team to add some hooks for this and ip blocking)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.