Upgrade to correct problems in 2v65 - needs DOTNET 4.5, Server 2008 etc

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I have issue with 2v65 which may be solveable by upgrading to the latest version but - I cannot upgrade to the latest version because of the requirement for .NET 4.5

My hosting provider has no plans to upgrade from .NET 4.0 - presumably due to the costs involved in upgrading their Windows platform and I can see their point!

I could change my hosting service (it would be the second time within 3 months) and I could also upgrade my own infrastructure to continue to allow me to have a local facility for development, upgrading etc etc - but all of this has big implications in terms of time and cost.

It would appear that, with the closer ties between nopCommerce and Microsoft, to continue to utilise nopCommerce will require regular updates to the latest versions of MS software. Too bad once you have a stable environment and have other things to get on with.

Is there a mechanism that I have overlooked for patching 2v65 to remove the annoying operation of the EC Cookie Policy which insists on producing it's pop-up box on all of the search engine thumbnails and inserting it's text into the page description when links are embedded in external content (eg Facebook)?
Disabling the policy is not an option because it must legally be provided.
11 years ago
You could consider inserting the text content of the EU cookie warning into the footer of your website, then you could switch off the pop-up.

Regarding your hosting, I would be happy to host and upgrade your website to nopCommerce 2.80 running on ASP.Net 4.5, although I understand you do not want change hosting providers again.

Good Luck
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.