Nop Sales Force plugin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi All,

We have developed a plugin that integrates nopCommerce with Sales Force. It exports leads, accounts, products, orders to SalesForce in the background, without the store owner having to do anything except to configure the plugin before running it the first time. We have been using it for half an year now and it is brilliant.
Now we have started thinking whether to productize the plugin and offer it as a commercial extension. But are not sure whether there will be interest in it and whether there are nopCommerce shops that will consider Sales Force for their CRM.

If anyone is interested please drop us a line here. Your feedback will be appreciated!

Thanks
11 years ago
I had about several customization requests (2 or 3) for such plugin for the last couple of years. Also plz see:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/14541/salesforce-and-retail-management-systems-recommendations.aspx
11 years ago
Hi Andrei,

Thanks for the info!

It is good to know that there is at least some interest, we never had a single request for such an integration but did it because we needed it. I believe that with nopCommerce 3.0 and the multi store and multi vendor, retailers will start looking more and more for CRM options.

Best Regards
11 years ago
I think that would be a great extension!

As we look around for CRM solutions, it seems that SalesForce is the dominant one.

As Canadians, we aren't crazy about US-based "cloud" hosting but Salesforce certainly has the majority of market share.

David
11 years ago
We are developing plugins for SalesLogix and Microsoft CRM.
We are also considering Sigur CRM as well.

This is our core business, so it was natural to add it.

We intended to build a connector that was generic to make the CRM links easier.
Let us know if we can build of help.

Brett
11 years ago
7Spikes wrote:
Hi All,

We have developed a plugin that integrates nopCommerce with Sales Force. It exports leads, accounts, products, orders to SalesForce in the background, without the store owner having to do anything except to configure the plugin before running it the first time. We have been using it for half an year now and it is brilliant.
Now we have started thinking whether to productize the plugin and offer it as a commercial extension. But are not sure whether there will be interest in it and whether there are nopCommerce shops that will consider Sales Force for their CRM.

If anyone is interested please drop us a line here. Your feedback will be appreciated!

Thanks

I think that it would be a brilliant plugin - I have business clients who use Salesforce, and this would give me an extra option to offer them.
10 years ago
Hi Guys,

I am interested in this plugin, I have dropped you a PM, but had no reply. If you could get back to me on this, it would be amazing.

Many thanks
10 years ago
I have a client who might find the Sales Force Plugin interesting. He wants to let a sales person to impersonate and see information about his customers and their orders. Other features of the plugin would be a plus
10 years ago
Hi James, Eduardo,

PMs aren't our strongest communication to be honest, so apologies for the delayed answers. I have already replied to you to get in touch with us via the [email protected] email.
But I am going to give you a general idea of what the plugin does here so that other people interested can read it.

What the plugin does is run a scheduled task, which processes customer, product and order information in nopCommerce.
Customers who have bought a free product or who have not bought anything are exported to SalesForce as leads with all the information that is available in nopCommerce. Customers who have bought something that is not free are exported as accounts and a contact object is attached to them. Products are exported as products and orders are exported as opportunities. Depending on whether the order is for a free product or on its status the order is exported as a closed opportunity or an open one. Shopping carts are also exported as opportunities with a custom order status of "Shopping Cart".
Once someone who was previously exported as a Lead buys something the plugin converts them to an account.
We also have some custom objects that we export to SalesForce but if we are to productize the plugin we will remove them.
We have not marketed the plugin for general use because we are not sure that this way of mapping between the nopCommerce objects and the SalesForce ones will be suitable to all users of SalesForce and also because for the mapping to work custom fields need to be set on the SalesForce objects, like Product Ids, User Name, etc..

So in short what the plugin does is automatically export your nopCommerce data to Sales Force in a way we thought was best.
For those not familiar with Sales Force, if you are wondering how this helps, there are a number of benefits:

1. All email correspondence can be tracked and attached to accounts and leads in Sales Force.

2. Powerful reports can be created related to customer and order data.

3. Marketing campaigns can be run from Sales Force on your customer data.

For the plugin to work, you would need at least a Professional Sales Force edition with API access.

I hope this is useful!
Any specific requirements you might have please send them to [email protected].
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.