error using 'MachineToApplication'

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I am trying to install noCommerce and got this error.

Error  1  It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.  C:\BeASPNET\nopCommerce\NopCommerceStore\web.config  95

What I supposed to remove MachineToApplication.

All I did was extract the rar to a folder called NopCommerce

I ran the sql including the update.

Did I miss anything.

Was I supposed to change anything here:

<sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
          <section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="Everywhere"/>
          <section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
          <section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
          <section name="roleService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingRoleServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
        </sectionGroup>

Howard
14 years ago
is framework 3.5 installed? Is the application set to run with the correct framework?
14 years ago
Yes,  I went to windows/microsoft.net/framework/ and I see the following.

v1.0.3705
v1.1.4322
v2.0.50727
v3.0
v3.5  <--- its installed
14 years ago
Its not the framework, it has to do with running the application in a properly configured IIS virtual directory. Is that error occuring when running the app from a development environment? My bet is it wont but if you have unzipped and plonked somewere without it being web server managed then you will get this error.

E
14 years ago
I am using vwd 2008 and trying to run this in a development environment.

That is not possible?

Howard
14 years ago
Definitely works in development environment.  I run it from within Visual Studio 2008 all the time.
14 years ago
This is the full error message.
I am in vwd 2008 clicking view in browser.  Is that wrong

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 91:       </expressionBuilders>
Line 92:     </compilation>
Line 93:     <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 94:     <!--  <forms name="NOPCOMMERCE.AUTH" loginUrl="~/Login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="43200" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="~/default.aspx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
Line 95:    --> </authentication>

Source File: C:\BeASPNET\nopCommerce\nopcommercestore\web.config    Line: 93
14 years ago
Sorry my error.  I am now able to run it.

I have log on to the administration area.

THANKS
14 years ago
Maybe you could share your resolution incase someone esle has the same error.
14 years ago
I am getting the same error on installation.

Would someone document exactly how the application folder structure should look.
Or, if someone has, direct me to where this is written down.

I get this error when trying to run the site from IIS on Windows Vista.

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 37:             ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.
Line 38:         -->
Line 39:     <authentication mode="Windows"/>
Line 40:     <!--
Line 41:             The <customErrors> section enables configuration

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\nopcommerce\web.config    Line: 39

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3601
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.