The Importance of Having a Safe Plugin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I have just come across this topic. It is really very important to understand and know if you have installed a safe plugin?

Please read through this link, http://www.websitedefender.com/web-security/safe-plugin/

Any suggestions?
11 years ago
Here are two ways:

1)  Only download or buy plugins from poeple you trust or if they have good recommendations.

2)  Only get plugins that provide you with the source code so you can read though it and compile it on your own.

Option 2 might be hard since most people selling plugins will probably now want to give you the source code...

As far as I now, I think there are not anyone "here" making dangerous plugins for Nopcommerce.  If you think about it, if they were, someone would find out and then no one would buy any more plugins from them.
11 years ago
Tim2376 wrote:
Here are two ways:

1)  Only download or buy plugins from poeple you trust or if they have good recommendations.

2)  Only get plugins that provide you with the source code so you can read though it and compile it on your own.

Option 2 might be hard since most people selling plugins will probably now want to give you the source code...

As far as I now, I think there are not anyone "here" making dangerous plugins for Nopcommerce.  If you think about it, if they were, someone would find out and then no one would buy any more plugins from them.

Hey Tim,
Thanks for reply.

1). It is hard to judge without review!

2). As you have rightly mentioned plugins developers would like to make money by selling plugins only and hence would not like an idea to share the source code.

And lastly, it is not only a question of dangerous plugin but it may affect some part of or whole website performance.
And there are none known developers whom we cant trust but again how to judge?..

I would go with taking precautionary actions to ensure what we have installed are safe, by using website scanner or some other tool. and (for beginners!) I would install minimum plugins to start with, as time goes add functionality slowly so you would know what and how it is affecting overall web surfing experience.
10 years ago
**DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS EMAIL **
A critical security issue in all nopCommerce 2.x installations!

Dear All,
We would like to draw your attention to a critical security issue that was recently reported by nopCommerce. All nopCommerce 2.x installations run the risk of having their customers and order information exposed.
We would like to stress the importance of this issue and to advise that everyone running nopCommerce 2.x should apply the fix to their websites. For more information on the matter and how to apply the fix, please refer to the following link:
http://www.nop-templates.com/a-critical-security-issue-in-all-nopcommerce-2x-installations
Please do take notice and apply the fix, which should not take you more than a few minutes.
You can address any questions or concerns regarding the matter directly to us or to nopCommerce team!
Thank you!
Nop-Templates Team
10 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
**DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS EMAIL **
A critical security issue in all nopCommerce 2.x installations!

Dear All,
We would like to draw your attention to a critical security issue that was recently reported by nopCommerce. All nopCommerce 2.x installations run the risk of having their customers and order information exposed.
We would like to stress the importance of this issue and to advise that everyone running nopCommerce 2.x should apply the fix to their websites. For more information on the matter and how to apply the fix, please refer to the following link:
http://www.nop-templates.com/a-critical-security-issue-in-all-nopcommerce-2x-installations
Please do take notice and apply the fix, which should not take you more than a few minutes.
You can address any questions or concerns regarding the matter directly to us or to nopCommerce team!
Thank you!
Nop-Templates Team

Why do you post this question here? How is it related to the original topic post?

P.S. See this topic
10 years ago
Nice sharing thanks....
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.