The acceptance of privacy the registration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Is there anyway that the site shows privacy statement in a popup or in a new browser during registration? After filling the form, it opens a new page in the same browser.
11 years ago
If you go to administration > Configuration > Customer Settings and select the Customer Form Fields Tab you will find the option to enable the 'Acceptable use Policy'
11 years ago
I set up all but my issue is that it displays privacy statements in the same page. then users have to click 'back' navigation button to the registration page. and have to type password again. I'd like to have the privacy statements in a popup as the terms and conditions in the check out page.
11 years ago
You will need to change a line of code in Views > Customer > Register.cshtml.

Around line 345 you will see:

<div class="accept-privacy-policy">
                    <input id="accept-privacy-policy" type="checkbox" name="accept-privacy-policy" />
                    <label for="accept-privacy-policy">@T("Account.Fields.AcceptPrivacyPolicy")</label>
                    <a class="read" href='@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "privacyinfo" })'>@T("Account.Fields.AcceptPrivacyPolicy.Read")</a>

I imagine the easiest thing to do would be to add 'target="new"' to the link.

<a class="read" href='@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "privacyinfo" })'>@T("Account.Fields.AcceptPrivacyPolicy.Read") target="new"</a>

<a class="read" target ="new" href='@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "privacyinfo" })'>  @T("Account.Fields.AcceptPrivacyPolicy.Read") </a>

Now your policy will open in a new window when a visitor clicks on (read).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.