Hosting Help

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
A couple of years ago I was talked into changing the platform of my web site and using NOP Commerce.  I am happy with the look of the site, but terribly disappointed with the host.  For instance, they never would give me FTP access to the site.  Currently, I am getting fined $50/month by my merchant service provider because the site is not PCI compliant.  And, the host has not fixed it.  

Can anyone make suggestions for a new host who they trust and, among other things, can make the site compliant?

Thanks,

Trent Allen
www.ClemsonPrints.com
[email protected]
(I don't have a ClemsonPrints.com e-mail because my current host can not set it up?!)
11 years ago
Trent wrote:
A couple of years ago I was talked into changing the platform of my web site and using NOP Commerce.  I am happy with the look of the site, but terribly disappointed with the host.  For instance, they never would give me FTP access to the site.  Currently, I am getting fined $50/month by my merchant service provider because the site is not PCI compliant.  And, the host has not fixed it.  

Can anyone make suggestions for a new host who they trust and, among other things, can make the site compliant?

Thanks,

Trent Allen
www.ClemsonPrints.com
[email protected]
(I don't have a ClemsonPrints.com e-mail because my current host can not set it up?!)

What is the hosting company you are using?  It does not sound very good.  A hosting company should provide you with FTP access, etc.

As to recommendations, I would recommend Soft sys hosting.  They are reliable,have very fast tech support, and are very nice.  A have been with them for about a year now and am very happy with there service.  Not only will they give you access to FTP, they will also let you connect remotely to your database using Microsoft SQL management server.  Also, using the hosting control panel it is easy to make domain based email accounts.  I would say that Soft sys hosting is a company you can trust.

As to your question about PCI compliance, I think it has to do with Nopcommerce code and your merchant provider not the hosting company but I am not sure I can be of much help.  Maybe someone else will reply with the answer to that question.
11 years ago
Or if you're looking for a budget hosting, I would recommend SmarterASP.net

But if the PCI compliant bit includes 99% uptime then you better opt for the more expensive hosters.  SmarterASP have all the features at an attractive price but as with all budget solutions... something have to give.  :P

So far my test site has 99.26% uptime (around 2 weeks now) and support usually comes back to me within a few hours.

Hope that helps.
11 years ago
limsy wrote:

So far my test site has 99.26% uptime (around 2 weeks now)

I have two websites on my Soft Sys hosting plan.  

Using UptimeRobot, one is at 98.78% and the other one is at 100%.  I am not sure how to set the time periods on uptimeRobot so I think it is only for the last 24 hours.
11 years ago
The reported uptime should be based on the WHOLE history (starts when you 1st register the site) whereas the graph is just to give a graphical view for the past 24 hours... I have another test site which showed ALL GREEN 100% for the past 24 hours but the TOTAL UPTIME is at 96% because it went down quite a bit last week (it isnt hosted w SmarterASP).
11 years ago
limsy wrote:
The reported uptime should be based on the WHOLE history (starts when you 1st register the site) whereas the graph is just to give a graphical view for the past 24 hours... I have another test site which showed ALL GREEN 100% for the past 24 hours but the TOTAL UPTIME is at 96% because it went down quite a bit last week (it isnt hosted w SmarterASP).

How do you check it for the whole history?  I can't find the option on UptimeRobot.  Do you use UpTimeRobot?  If you know of any way I can check it for more than 24 hours on UptimeRobot let me know and I will post the result.
11 years ago
Yes. I am using uptimerobot as well.
The default uptime report under the STATUS column is an AVERAGE. It's not just for the 24 hours. And if you want details, click on the GRAPH icon under ACTIONS.  It will show events for up to 2 months.

Hope that helps.
11 years ago
limsy wrote:
Yes. I am using uptimerobot as well.
The default uptime report under the STATUS column is an AVERAGE. It's not just for the 24 hours. And if you want details, click on the GRAPH icon under ACTIONS.  It will show events for up to 2 months.

Hope that helps.

Ok.  Thanks.  One of my sites have dropped a little.  So, if I am understanding you correctly, here is the updated results for the last two months: 99.78% and 99.95%.  Please note that the second one has not been on UpTimeRobot for two months yet so it is really only showing a week or two.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.