Topic Pages & SEO

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
As I understand it, part of SEO is having a reference page full of links to sites and reviews. For example I've heard that being linked to the Better Business Bureau, YellowPages.com & Angies Lists helps.

To effectively make a references page do I have to actually make a new View or will a simple topic page serve the same function?

Thanks
11 years ago
A simple topic page will do.
11 years ago
thank you!
10 years ago
As long as the search engines can find your page you are good to go.

You probably already know this but just worth mentioning to, if you only have a one way link to a site from your site this will not help your site go up in the rankings. However if you have a link from an external site that the search engines deem relevant to your content then it will help.

Also worth noting is the structure of the link itself.

For example if xyz.com links to your site it would be best if they utilised alt tags that contained keywords that are also used on the linked page on your site. Keywords in the url would also help as it makes it more relevant.

Bad example of a link
To taste the benefit of green apples <a href="www.greenapples.com">click here</a>

Good example of a link
You can taste the benefit of <a alt="buy green apples and taste the benefit" href="www.greenapples.com">green apples here</a>

Never use "click here", try googling "click here" and see how many irrelevant results you get ;)

Kind Regards
Julian
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.