HowTo Create a Shopping List

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Is there a way to create a shopping list for products in the store not a shopping cart for checkout?

Our website is based on fireworks which we can not ship so we want to allow people who see product they like to add it to their shopping list, then if they want they can print that list and bring it into our store for pickup.

Or maybe they could save it under their user account profile and we could pull it up when they get to our store for them and print it in the retail store also.

Update:

I have seen that there is a wishlist. Is there a way to disable the "Add to Cart" button for all products with a variant and only have the add to wishlist button?

So far I have seen that the only way to remove the buy button is on the variant page or delete the variant.
14 years ago
You're absolutely right. You can use wishlist for these purposes. But you'll have to manually remove all "Add to cart" buttons ("ProductVariantsInGrid.ascx", "ProductBox1.ascx" and "ProductBox2.ascx" controls)
14 years ago
Thanks Andrei,

I must be missing something. I'm not a good coder :)

When I remove these lines from the ProductsVariantsInGrid.ascx:

<nopCommerce:NumericTextBox runat="server" ID="txtQuantity" Value="1" RequiredErrorMessage="<% $NopResources:Products.EnterQuantity %>"
                        RangeErrorMessage="<% $NopResources:Products.QuantityRange %>" MinimumValue="1"
                        MaximumValue="999999" Width="50"></nopCommerce:NumericTextBox>
                    <asp:Button ID="btnAddToCart" runat="server" Text="<% $NopResources:Products.AddToCart %>"
                        CommandName="AddToCart" CommandArgument='<%#Eval("ProductVariantID")%>' SkinID="ProductVariantAddToCartButton">
                    </asp:Button>

The website kicks up an error when I try to go to a product page.

We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.

Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time.

Am I trying to remove the add to cart button the wrong way?
14 years ago
Please ensure that you recompiled the solution
14 years ago
Andrei,

Thanks again! This is a very newbish question because I have never done it before. Can you point me in any direction for How to recompile the solution?

Would I have to use something like Visual Studio 2005/2008?

Is there some easy way to recompile the couple pages that I changed or the whole thing needs to be recompiled?

Sorry for the basic questions, I'm new to this.
14 years ago
Another question is:

I have Visual 2008 Studio Loaded so I can probably figure out how to rebuild the solution.

If I make changes to this one page ProductsVariantsInGrid.ascx. Does that mean I have to copy the whole solution up to my website at GoDaddy to get it to work properly? Or can I just copy a few files?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.