Error on General and Miscellaneous Settings

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I recently migrated to a new server on my hosting service (Arvixe.com)
I backup up the database, created a new database on the new server, then did a restore.
Everything worked great except on menu item on the admin panel.
Under configuration then settings then General and Miscellaneous Settings I get the error listed below.

I have tried working with the Arvixe support to no avail.  Can anyone shed some light on what this error means.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not find stored procedure 'FullText_IsSupported'.
  Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'FullText_IsSupported'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Could not find stored procedure 'FullText_IsSupported'.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +1753986
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +5296058
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +558
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +1682
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() +59
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +90
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +365
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +1379
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +175
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +53
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +134
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +41
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader() +12
   System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.ExecuteStoreQueryInternal(String commandText, String entitySetName, MergeOption mergeOption, Object[] parameters) +110
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.ExecuteSqlQuery(String sql, Object[] parameters) +57
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.ExecuteSqlQueryAsIEnumerable(String sql, Object[] parameters) +37
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.ExecuteSqlQuery(Type elementType, String sql, Object[] parameters) +175
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalSqlNonSetQuery.GetEnumerator() +26
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalSqlQuery`1.GetEnumerator() +13
   System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault(IEnumerable`1 source) +88
   Nop.Services.Common.FulltextService.IsFullTextSupported() +81
   Nop.Admin.Controllers.SettingController.GeneralCommon(String selectedTab) +2100
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +104
   System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +14
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +211
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass42.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__41() +28
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +57
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +48
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass39.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__33() +57
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() +223
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() +223
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass37.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +48
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2a.<BeginInvokeAction>b__20() +24
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +102
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +43
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +14
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +23
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +62
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +57
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +23
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +47
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +25
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +47
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +9629296
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155
11 years ago
Did you make sure that the stored procedure has been restored to the new database? Or was it even included in your original backup file? Which nopCommerce version do you use? And how did you backup the database?
10 years ago
I use the hosting account backup and their restore program.  It may have missed the stored procedure.  I am using 2.8

My plan was to migrate to 3.0 but I want the system stable before I move on that.

Is there a way to correct this myself?
10 years ago
This can be a schema problem, change the schema of the stored procedure to dbo using this:

ALTER SCHEMA dbo TRANSFER xxxx.FullText_IsSupported;

xxxx is your actual schema
10 years ago
Run the SQL script "App_Data\SqlServer.StoredProcedures.sql" against your new database to make sure that all your stored procedures are there. There should be no harm in running it even if the stored procedure is already there. Is there an admin interface that you can use to browse your database and check whether the stored procedures are there? Also, you may want to ask your hosting support whether their backup/restore mechanism takes care of stored procedures, indexes, functions, and all other objects that are not strictly tables.
10 years ago
I can say that the backup functionality grabs everything; I've done enough backups and restores to be sure on this part. You should be able to connect to your SQL database via IP address and your credentials in SQL Server Management Studio.
7 years ago
r_omar wrote:
Run the SQL script "App_Data\SqlServer.StoredProcedures.sql" against your new database to make sure that all your stored procedures are there. There should be no harm in running it even if the stored procedure is already there. Is there an admin interface that you can use to browse your database and check whether the stored procedures are there? Also, you may want to ask your hosting support whether their backup/restore mechanism takes care of stored procedures, indexes, functions, and all other objects that are not strictly tables.

Hello,

I ran this procedure because I was facing the same bug.

The query ender with errors and now my website is broken ([ApplicationException: No database instance])

Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure nop_splitstring_to_table, Line 1
There is already an object named 'nop_splitstring_to_table' in the database.
Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure nop_getnotnullnotempty, Line 4
There is already an object named 'nop_getnotnullnotempty' in the database.
Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure nop_getprimarykey_indexname, Line 4
There is already an object named 'nop_getprimarykey_indexname' in the database.
Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure ProductLoadAllPaged, Line 3
There is already an object named 'ProductLoadAllPaged' in the database.
Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure ProductTagCountLoadAll, Line 3
There is already an object named 'ProductTagCountLoadAll' in the database.
Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure FullText_IsSupported, Line 2
There is already an object named 'FullText_IsSupported' in the database.
Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure FullText_Enable, Line 4
There is already an object named 'FullText_Enable' in the database.
Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure FullText_Disable, Line 4
There is already an object named 'FullText_Disable' in the database.
Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure LanguagePackImport, Line 3
There is already an object named 'LanguagePackImport' in the database.
Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure DeleteGuests, Line 4
There is already an object named 'DeleteGuests' in the database.
7 years ago
Nevermind, I did something very dumb. it's ok :)
7 years ago
r_omar wrote:

This worked for me.

Thanks very much.

Tony
7 years ago

above solution solve my problem as well
thank you.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.