GDI+ Error after installation when tryign to access default page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
did you give write permission to your images folder ?

- hayden
13 years ago
How do I fix this w/o getting my slow-to-respond-not-so-savvy ISP to change user permissions? Can the thumbnails be stored in the db instead? I don't want to have to have file permissions at all.
13 years ago
you should be able to do this via your host control panel, without relying on the hosting provider - who do you host with or what control panel do they use, maybe someone here can guide you.

storing the images in the database makes no difference, because nopCommerce creates thumbnails on the server anyway, so you need to set write permissions on the images folder anyway
12 years ago
Hello guys!

I'm having the very same problem. Can somebody please help me out about this issue? I checked read/write permissions about all the folders (especially that of /images and /images/thumbs); it seems to be all permitted. What would the issue be??

Check the site here: http://vvshande.w01.winhost.com/

It's just a simple install and I've been spending my days which is very very annoying.

Thank you,
Emin
12 years ago
hi emin,

looks like you got it working ??
12 years ago
Yes! Finally, my God. Thank you for caring for it Haydie and I tell anybody who will have similar problem to make sure to check it with their hosting provider to have all the permissions regarding ACL. I was persistively telling my host that it is a permit issue and they finally found it out after several days telling me that I had all permits which was false.

The issue is related to this article (for instance) here:

http://support.winhost.com/KB/a890/acl-was-altered-after-using-vs-web-deploy.aspx

Regards & THX,
Emin
9 years ago
Hey, I am facing the same issue. And I have given all permissions. but still it throws this error. I think from below line it throws an error:

b = new Bitmap(stream);

Please can anyone help.

Thank You.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.