Hi all,

I have some questions to the search logic of nopCommerce.

I found out that the search works on an different way as expected.

You have 4 ways to configure your search

1.)Normal SQL search with ‘%A D%’
2.)An Full-Text search with Contains command to search in a column with exact string ‘“A D*”’
3.)An Full-Text search with Contains command to search in a column with OR operators ‘“A*” OR “D*”’
4.)An Full-Text search with Contains command to search in a column with AND operators ‘“A*” AND “D*”’

All this 4 Search configurations will only combine multiple search strings in on Column, Property, Category…
No of this 4 configurations can combine this multiple search strings over the complied Product.

The sProc ProductLoadAllPaged searches in each of the searchable Product parameters, like Name, Description, Tags… separately with the chosen logic and write the ID of the Found product into an TempTable.
If I am right you will in this case not be able to search for Strings with logical AND or OR parameters over the whole product.

For an Example I will search for the following strings over my Product with all 4 Methodes.
A AND D, my expectation is that nopCommerce should search over the whole product with the AND operator which means I like to find only Products who have the two search strings in Any Column of the Product.
1 and 2 of course will not find any Product, 3 Founds too much, and 4 Nothing

2 Simple Products and I like to find an Product with String A AND B in the Product anywhere

Name  Description    Tags  SKU
A Blaa  Blaa A  Blaa B  A, B, C  D-A      
YX Blaa  Blaa YX  Blaa XYZ  YX, XYZ, C  D- YX

Prod 1
Methode 3 A found in Name and D is Found in SKU
Methode 4 will not find any Thing because A AND D is not together in any Column

Prod 2
Methode 3 A is not, Found but D is found in SKU - > this should not be because I will an combination of A AND D,
method 4 will not find any Thing because A AND D is not together in any Column.

How can it be realized that products can be found this way ?

Do I have to modify ProductLoadAllPaged, or do I have to write every searchable string what I like to find in one Column.
Can nopCommerce be configured in that Way that Meta Tags, Meta descriptions, or SEO Strings can be used ?

Or do you see a way to modify the search logic of nopCommerce in future

Thx
Peysche