On first installation I get to step 3 but database name not found

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi.
Have set up a new sql 2005 database from godaddy control panel. After some install errorsl on uploading files to test folder, I managed start installer. However on step 3 I click existing database name, but i get the error that it doesn't exist. Any help?
14 years ago
i'm getting the same problem with nop 1.4; tried all sorts of scenarios, reinstalled from scratch, new virgin db etc, no luck so far - hope there's a solution soon!
14 years ago
...forgot to mention all works fine locally; can't install on host server though & haven't got the host permissions to create db via nop install interface; any newly created db on server is not recognised by nop at all;
14 years ago
try adding machine name to the instance .

HX5LGD1\SQLEXPRESS
14 years ago
thanks, but it did not help...

in any case, I seem to be able successfully log into the db in step 2 (e.g. if I give a non-existent user name I get an error and can't proceed); for some reason it's only a problem in step 3

I vaguely remember having had the same problem with nop 1.3 install but it suddenly disappeared and all worked fine on the host server until I uploaded some files;

although I'm using the same connection data, and also tried what you suggested, I now can install neither 1.3 nor 1.4 (same problem step 3)
14 years ago
Please ensure that your database user (login) was granted to access your database. Hope this article will help you.
14 years ago
all permissions are there;

nopcommerce can access the databases with the connection string (we verified this twice with new dbs by changing the install.aspx to override the nextbuttonclick procedure, dropping the error checks but keeping the original functions, and the db tables are created just fine)

still, with the original script it says db doesn't exist...

locally, all works fine - problem's only on the host server; provider recently upgraded to ms sql 2008
14 years ago
an additional comment which may help:
in the altered install.aspx we used your handleError routine to compare the parameter contents at the time of invoking InstallerHelper.TestConnection and InstallerHelper.DatabaseExists; both are correct!!

the first time, with InstallerHelper.TestConnection the database name obviously is empty, but using the back button from step 3, it has the correct database name

so something differs in InstallerHelper.DatabaseExists; and, as mentioned above, nop can actually the access the database and create the tables with the exact same parameters invoking installDatabase(ConnectionString, createSampleData) if InstallerHelper.DatabaseExists is skipped
14 years ago
Thanks for all your help. I found the solution here:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=1339

My new problem is that I can't upload sample data sql file. I get a time out error from godaddy. I'll post this problem in a new post.
14 years ago
good news, unfortunately not for us - we tried the suggested solution several times, still same problem
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.