Add priceCurrency Schema.org Value

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
In 3.00 there were great strides taken to implement schema.org meta values for SEO purposes. It would be great if we can add to those in the next version by adding the priceCurrency value to products. This is a required value in order for Pinterest to pull product schema.org values.
10 years ago
Thanks for suggestion.

We already include a currency char in price value for schema.org (generated by IPriceFormarringService). I'm not sure that we should include a priceCurrency value. Wouldn't add duplicate currency char?
10 years ago
According to example 3 on this page http://schema.org/Offer, including both is the proper way to do it.
10 years ago
Hi Blake,

Thanks for for info and pointing out. I've just created a work item
10 years ago
Hi Blake,

Done. Please see chnageset b18d4ba5f8ea
7 years ago
Thanks for adding the priceCurrency to the schema, but there is still an issue. You put the currency symbol in the itemprop="price" span. That is not legal. You can test this here: https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool by feeding it a nop product page. Also you include the AggregateRating information when there are no ratings, which is also incorrect.
I am using nop 3.6 so cannot attest to these 2 issues being resolved in 3.7 or 3.8. But the fix was simple enough by editing the _ProductReview)verview.cshtml and _ProductPrice.cshtml pages to lay it out right.

As I will be setting up a new nop 3.8 site later this month, has these 2 issues been addressed and resolved in the 3.8?

Thanks,
David
7 years ago
ddegil wrote:
I am using nop 3.6 so cannot attest to these 2 issues being resolved in 3.7 or 3.8

Hi David,

It was. Please test our demo site (this page)
7 years ago
Yes. Thanks! I'll need to look into upgrading my store to 3.8 when I have time to see what pages I edited in your furniture theme, so I maintain my change. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.