SMTP Server Full Support

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi,

The mail server I should be routing through returns the following error message:

Command parameter not implemented. The server response was: 5.5.2 : Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname

This suggests that nopCommerce is sending only a Helo, not Helo <domain name>.  Can this be sorted, or can someone tell me where to look in the codebase to find the mail routine and appropriate codefix.

Regards,
Paul
14 years ago
What mail server are you using?

Look at \Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Messages\MessageManager.cs file
14 years ago
Hi,

No identification when connecting to the mail server (mail.zoneedit.com), however looks like they are using the full implementattion of helo command.

I use zoneedit for the dns services they provide.  Is it much trouble to implement an option to use the ful helo command in a release, or would I just need to keep track of my changes.  If so, what would be the best way to get my domain name out of nopcommerce rather than hard coding anything.

Cheers,
Paul
14 years ago
Hi,

After some investigation, it looks like the current implementation of smtpclient class is no longer compliant with RFC2821 which defines the use of fqdn on the helo ehlo commands rather than the netbios name.  According to the following thread, this is something that will be implemented in .net version 4.

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=94378

They mention that the fix will be available with a configurable option, however I can't find any info on this at the moment.  If anyone knows, pls advise as I'll download the .net 4 beta 2 and try it out.

Paul
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.