Server Error on Customer Activation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Good Evening,

I am new to nopComerce and so far very impressed with how powerful and easy it is. eventually overtime I will expand on it and have a play but still learning how it all works,

However I have come across a problem that I am not sure whats causing it. I have customer email activation turned on and when they sign up for an account they get the activation email however when they click on the link the following is displayed:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /AccountActivation.aspx

Has anyone come across this or know how to fix it?

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Max
14 years ago
max,

this is the sort of error you might get if you have not set up
Store URL:
in admin-->configuration-->global settings--> general

or if you had not uploaded your store / pointed the domain to the correct place

regards,
hayden
14 years ago
Had this problem.
And I just wanted to add and make clear how it affects the site.

I set the homepage as www.rccustomzone.com.

But I had nopeCommerce in a subfolder so I was getting the 404 error.

So I set the hompage as www.rccustomzone.com/store

And it worked just fine.

So just make sure you set your homepage to what ever subfolder nopcommerce is installed in.

Or else your customers will get activation errors and also an error when trying to recover password.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.