New more user friendly product/variants logic. Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Yes, is probably that I have products without product variants (sorry if this have caused to spend your time), I was changing product structure with sql server when you announced the new product logic.

I have prefered to wait for next release and redefine all my product logic to simplify the manage of my products (maybe downloading 3.10 version directly and not upgrading from 2.65).

I will try again later with more time.

Thanks!
10 years ago
How about having productgroups
and products that belong to a productgroup instead of "on the fly" grouping?
Which I can't believe to be more efficient.
10 years ago
nopC is ideal to be used for mid to large sized companies but the admin panel should be made more admin friendly to cater for defining large number of products. Some suggestion are:
1. Buttons on the product edit page to go to the previous/next product

2. The copy product button should have an option to specify the number of copies to be created for a product. The above mentioned previous/next button can be used to iterate through the products and change the required fields.

3. We need to significantly enhance the import and export products feature specially the excel sheet as it will be used by users coming from other shopping cart solutions. The more fields there are in the excel the easier it would be to import products e.g. there is vendor ID but no store ID, also there is a tab in admin panel for associated products and the same should be there in the excel sheet. We should cater for as many fields as we can in the excel sheet to minimize rework after initial import for the site admins.
10 years ago
In earlier version of Nop there was no way to control stock with specifications so we have been using variants for T shirt sizes for instance, it has worked except for search.
Big problem with finding t-shirts by size that are in-stock can't be done in Nop even using variants because search returns even out of stock items>

Show me all the XXL Men’s shirts + In-stock would be a better way to be able to display tese type products.

but grouping would be the same as PV i think.

thanks

Gareth
10 years ago
I have downloaded 16a7aabafc30 changeset.

EDIT: Similar error searching the product on client side search box.

Error when I click on a category on client side:

Incorrect syntax near '@VisibleIndividually'. Incorrect syntax near ')'. Incorrect syntax near ')'.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Incorrect syntax near '@VisibleIndividually'. Incorrect syntax near ')'. Incorrect syntax near ')'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TrySetMetaData(_SqlMetaDataSet metaData, Boolean moreInfo) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at Nop.Data.NopObjectContext.ExecuteStoredProcedureList[TEntity](String commandText, Object[] parameters) at Nop.Services.Catalog.ProductService.SearchProducts(IList`1& filterableSpecificationAttributeOptionIds, Boolean loadFilterableSpecificationAttributeOptionIds, Int32 pageIndex, Int32 pageSize, IList`1 categoryIds, Int32 manufacturerId, Int32 storeId, Int32 vendorId, Int32 parentProductId, Boolean visibleIndividuallyOnly, Nullable`1 featuredProducts, Nullable`1 priceMin, Nullable`1 priceMax, Int32 productTagId, String keywords, Boolean searchDescriptions, Boolean searchProductTags, Int32 languageId, IList`1 filteredSpecs, ProductSortingEnum orderBy, Boolean showHidden) at Nop.Web.Controllers.CatalogController.Category(Int32 categoryId, CatalogPagingFilteringModel command) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass37.<>c__DisplayClass39.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__33() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass37.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass25.<>c__DisplayClass2a.<BeginInvokeAction>b__20() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) ClientConnectionId:703e8e4c-cd24-43d3-8c04-6a84c0d38830
10 years ago
- SKUs are missing after updating.

Suggestion:

- Add "view" link on each product on Associated product tab for fast product view.
- Add "display order" for associated products (you already told days ago that it's on roadmap).
10 years ago
sabueXo wrote:
[i]Incorrect syntax near '@VisibleIndividually'. Incorrect syntax near ')'. Incorrect syntax near ')'

Does anybody else experience this issue? It works without any errors

sabueXo wrote:
- SKUs are missing after updating

Just tested. Everything (including SKU) is properly persisted

sabueXo wrote:
- Add "display order" for associated products (you already told days ago that it's on roadmap).

I remember =))
10 years ago
Time ago, I decided that I will make the upgrade manually. I am going to redefine all my database and it's better to install directly 3.10 version, so, for me, upgrade scripts are not critical but someone more should upgrade his stores to test that there is not any issue ;)
10 years ago
Is it possible to work in saving default attribute values for product attributes? Currently, it is very tedious and counter-productive to enter in the same product attribute values over and over again for products. For example, Shoes that always have sizes 4-13 and can't be copied because they are different brands and only thing that is the same is the sizes. This will save countless hours of catalog maintenance also save money for the store owner (if they are paying for catalog maintenance)
10 years ago
breakskater wrote:
Is it possible to work in saving default attribute values for product attributes? Currently, it is very tedious and counter-productive to enter in the same product attribute values over and over again for products. For example, Shoes that always have sizes 4-13 and can't be copied because they are different brands and only thing that is the same is the sizes. This will save countless hours of catalog maintenance also save money for the store owner (if they are paying for catalog maintenance)

The work item is already here
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.