Nopcommerce Version 1.60 Windows 2003 IIS 6.0 Moved to Windows 2008 R2 IIS7.5 .Net 4.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I have moved Nopcommerce Version 1.60, Windows 2003 , IIS 6.0 Moved to Windows 2008 R2 IIS7.5 .Net 4.5
I browse website come with below message

We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.

Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time.

Can someone please help
10 years ago
mehdim wrote:
I have moved Nopcommerce Version 1.60, Windows 2003 , IIS 6.0 Moved to Windows 2008 R2 IIS7.5 .Net 4.5
I browse website come with below message

We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.

Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time.

Can someone please help

Hi Mehdim,

This is default error page. so for getting deatils error what issue is please do following

Run the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager tool from the Administrative Tools (on the start menu if admin tools are enabled there). Open up the system, and right click on your web site. Select Properties. Choose the ASP.NET tab. Click on "Edit Configuration". Click the Custom Errors tab. Select Off for custom error mode.

Or navigate to the folder containing your application and open the web.config file in a text editor and edit by hand, and change the custom errors tag to <customErrors mode="Off" />.

You will see what exact error is so anyone can help in that.

Thanks,
Umesh Dumaniya
10 years ago
Hi Umesh thank you for the reply

The steps for IIS Manager is not quite matching what I have after right click and I cannot see properties option

I have changed the web.config file
I donot have exact line into web.config file
I do have <customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="off">
and I have turned this off

Now I browse the website and I get error message

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>
10 years ago
Make sure this block not commented <!-->.
Set debug="true" for <compilation>
10 years ago
I check there is line
  <compilation debug="true">
and it is not commented
10 years ago
Hi Mehdim,

Can you do this replace that line with this..

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

as put the off as Off in first letter capital might be that solve the issue.

Thanks,
Umesh
10 years ago
Hi Umesh this is what I get

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Machine validation key is invalid. It is '36' chars long. It should be either "AutoGenerate" or between 40 and 128 Hex chars long, and may be followed by ",IsolateApps".

Source Error:

Line 72:   <urlrewritingnet configSource="UrlRewriting.config"/>
Line 73:   <system.web>
Line 74:   <machineKey validation="SHA1" validationKey="[replace this with a validation key]" decryption="AES" decryptionKey="[replace this with a decryption key]"/>
Line 75:     <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="51200"/>
Line 76:     <customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="Off">

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config    Line: 74

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929
10 years ago
I have create machine key via iis7.5
I can browse website now but having issue browsing admin panel and here is the error I am getting

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /administrator/default.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929
10 years ago
thanks Umesh for all your help
It is all working now
I will start working on upgrade version from 1.60........ to 3.0 if I will get stuck I will open new job
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.