Upgrade site with a computer theme from 2.8 to 3.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
My site uses the computer theme at 2.8v and i have followed the procedure to upgrade to 3.0. When i start the site I get the following error which i believe is caused from the Computer Theme plugin.

The controller for path '/' was not found or does not implement IController.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The controller for path '/' was not found or does not implement IController.

Source Error:

Line 10:         <div class="clear">
Line 11:         </div>*@
Line 12:         @Html.Action("Slider", "ThemeHelperComputer")
Line 13:         <div class="clear">
Line 14:         </div>

From the Forums i went thru a workaround which sugests modifying the Global.asax file by adding a space character EOF but that does not resolve the problem.
Now I can only access the admin site and i noticed that the Computer Theme plugin is not in the plugin list anymore although the files are still located in the installation location.

How can i bring the site back online without losing the settings adn setup of the Theme installed?
10 years ago
Hi,

Thanks for purchasing one of our official forums. I presume you forgot to upgrade your theme to the latest version (still using a version compatible with 2.8 only)

Each of our themes includes lifetime free upgrades. So simply re-download the already purchased Computer theme archive. It should contains the updated plugin and theme files for version 3.00. Replace your old "\Themes\Computer" and "\Plugins\ThemeHelper.Computer\ directories. Then re-install the "Computer theme helper" plugin
10 years ago
sotiris wrote:
My site uses the computer theme at 2.8v and i have followed the procedure to upgrade to 3.0. When i start the site I get the following error which i believe is caused from the Computer Theme plugin.

The controller for path '/' was not found or does not implement IController.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The controller for path '/' was not found or does not implement IController.

Source Error:

Line 10:         <div class="clear">
Line 11:         </div>*@
Line 12:         @Html.Action("Slider", "ThemeHelperComputer")
Line 13:         <div class="clear">
Line 14:         </div>

From the Forums i went thru a workaround which sugests modifying the Global.asax file by adding a space character EOF but that does not resolve the problem.
Now I can only access the admin site and i noticed that the Computer Theme plugin is not in the plugin list anymore although the files are still located in the installation location.

How can i bring the site back online without losing the settings adn setup of the Theme installed?

Hi sotiris,

In your 2.8 there is a plugin named "Computer Theme" so now you need to find the compatible plugin for the version 3.0 and put into the Plugins folder and then when you go to admin side and list plugins you can find that plugin install it will solve your problem and error goes. if you have any other plugin like this do same for all.

Thanks,
Umesh Dumaniya
10 years ago
Thank you both. Followed the instructions and everything is back to normal.

The upgraded theme version can be found by downloading the theme files again from My Account.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.