Problem with attributes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi, this is my first post....totally new to this great software.  I am really excited to get started!  It looks like a great product!

Now to my question.....I am having trouble setting up the attributes/product variances.  I have watched the screencasts a few times and read the documentation, but it still doesn't work for me. Part of it may be that I do not understand the use of the product variants fully.

My understanding and how they would be used in my store is:

I sell t shirts....I have sizes, colors and styles to choose from.  I print my own shirts and each design is available on about 3 different style shirts. If I set up the product variance for say a 5250 in large with an individual sku for that style in that size...then I would also have to think about colors...luckily I only offer 4 colors.....I just can't get the attribute for say a unisex t shirt work.  I get the drop down box for both size and for color to appear...and I can't add to the cart as it is required....but the drop down boxes do not have any values loaded in them.  I hope this makes sense.

What do i need to do so that the values of sm, med, large will appear in the drop down for size for instance.  Then do i need to set up a separate product variance for each size?

Is there documentation that will say step 1 do this, step 2 do this, etc.?

Thanks in advance....this sounded even more confusing as I was trying to list my problem!
14 years ago
I am still having problems with the attributes.  If there is someone who would be willing to enter my store and set up the product variance/attributes for me for one product I would be willing to pay them.  I can submit payment through PayPal.  Feel free to email me direct at [email protected]

Thanks
14 years ago
After looking at over 50 pages in the forum, I found the answer!  The search function within the forum doesnt work for me either!
14 years ago
So what was the answer?  I'm still confused about Product Specifications, variants and attributes.
14 years ago
I found my answer on about page 50 of the forum....basically I am using the product variants.  what I was missing was the orange hyperlink in the "values" column.  Once I realized that this was a hyperlink...I have been able to insert my attributes accordingly.  The downside is...for each product the attributs have to be manually typed in.  I can't figure out how to make a "attribute template" so this can be called up automatically.  

This make for a long tedious process....but so far it is working.  Good lluck!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.