Paypal Direct card type and verification code

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I think that is something that you configure within paypal.  If I remember correctly, you can tell paypal to either ignore, warn, or reject payments based on the risk filters.

Thanks,
Chris
10 years ago
Thanks Chris,

We ended up turning on the advanced fraud filters (additional fees) and are satisfied with them, since they work with the nopcommerce PayPal plugin out of the box.

The representative that I talked to said the risk controls don't work for virtual terminal or direct payment API, and that they are for the paypal checkout page. However the Advanced fraud filters are for virtual terminal and direct payments API, and are better than the risk controls.

So if you want seemless AVS code checking and other fraud detection features you might as well spend the extra $20 monthly and $0.05 per transaction for PayPal Advanced fraud features.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.