NivoSliderReloaded plugin breaks Price (nop 3.00)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi Everyone,

I have a stange problem when using NivoSliderReloaded plugin in nop 3.00.

1. Environment
I have downloaded fresh sources for nop 3.0 and NivoSliderReloaded plugin.
After nop source build (using VS2012) and first run, I configured 2 stores, 2 languages and 4 currencies and some manufacturers, categories and products.
I then added the NivoSliderReloaded source project and rebuid everithing again. Finally I run the app (from VS), installed and configure the plugin.

2. Simptoms
Apparentely everithing wolked also fine... but I realised that I can't change the currency in the public store.
When selecting a different currency using the currency dropdown listbox, something stange happens: it just came back to the initial currency (actually to currency that was set as the the primary store currency).
It's even more weird that product prices actually change currency correctely, despite the currency displayed in the dromdown listbox.
Finally I noticed that the currency that's the primary store one actually can't be selected. Products showing prices in USD previousely don't change prices to RON (which is the primary store currency).

3. After many hours of source tracing (with no results) I repeated the environment using nop no-source and the no-source plugin. Simptoms are exactely the same !

I don't know what might be the relation between the new slider and the currencies.
I suppose it's somehow related to the WorkContext.WorkingCurrency which somehow get's initialised (when the plugin is active) to the primary store currency in the plugin's controller PublicInfo method. I don't get it and sincerely hope someone better could give me a clue ...

P.S. The plugin works as it's supposed to do, showing slider banners in multiple widget zones...
10 years ago
Hi,

NivoSliderReloaded is a third-party plugin. Can you reproduce this issue with the default nopCommerce installation without third-party plugins?

P.S. Moved to Community Contributed Add-Ons from Bugs
10 years ago
You're absolutely right Andrei.
Of course it's not a nop bug !
After too many hours trying to understand the descriebed problem it seemed the right place to "post" for some help...

MEA CULPA !

I have re-posted this in the Community Contributed Add-Ons forum
10 years ago
Thanks for your feedback Sorin. The issue was that WidgetsNivoSliderReloadedController inherits from BaseNopController which sets the work context to admin mode. It is fixed now for both 2.80 and 3.00, please try it again once it is available for download. Fixed by separating the PublicInfo method into its own controller which inherits directly from the Controller base class.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.