Timeout issue after 60 seconds Inactivity

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hello Again,

I have edited this post to try and explain my issue more clearly.  

I have a problem where my NopCommerce Store becomes unresponsive after 60 seconds of inactivity,  ONLY for logged in users (admin or standard user).

I have checked the ISS 7 server logs, which records no event at the time the problem is experienced.

I have also checked that the application pool is still running.

I running Windows Home Premium, IIS 7, SQL Server 2008 Express.

I cant figure out what is causing this problem, the only thing that seems to work is to delete the cookie that is created by the store.  But I cant do this every 60 seconds !!!

I think is down to a IIS 7 configuration issue, but Im running out of ideas.

Thanks/Regards
James
14 years ago
Any ideas, anyone ?
14 years ago
This is probably not an answer but with info about the following others may be able to help.

Widows Home Premium Vista or WIndows 7?

Wouldn't think of running much of anything on Home Premium. Min I would suggest is Pro version.

Service packs installed?

Service pack for SQL 2008 express?
14 years ago
Thanks ASP5

Widows Home Premium Vista.  I have had the application working on this machine before, and only since reinstalling windows I have had this problem.  

Checked for and installed all services packs for vista and SQL Express.

I have tried a number of things in an attempt to understand the problem better.

1. The timeout issue does not occur for an unauthenticated user. If I browse the site as a guest, the site will continue to work fine even after 60 seconds of inactivity.

2. The only way I get the site back working again is to delete the cookies, reload the page and log in again, then again if I don’t interact with the site every 60 seconds the whole thing comes to a stop.

3. I’ve checked the web server is still working by loading up another local site, and using 'inetsrv\AppCmd.exe list sites'

4. I have also checked the application pool is still running using: APPCMD list apppools

5. I created Tracing Rule for Failed Requests - but no log is created.

I hope this description makes sense, and someone has a suggested course of action as this problem has been driving me nuts.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.