Changes/Customizations not showing on Live site?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I am working on some customizations that all seem to work when I build the site locally but after I push the changed files to Rackspace the changes do not appear? For example on the customer info screen I added a text box and tried to display various customer attributes such as ID or Name. The textbox is visable but no content, even when I hard code "test". Everything works fine when I build locally.

Any ideas?

CustomerInfo.ascx.cs file:

txtCustID.Text = "test";
txtCustID.Text = customer.FirstName;
14 years ago
You will need to flsuh your websites application pool so the server can recache the files. To do this you will need to login to the admin system of your hosting provider and located the application pool settings.

http://www.thought.co.uk
14 years ago
Recompiled?
14 years ago
wait a second, may be I didnt understand correctly. are you making changes to the cs file then recompiling the dll and uploading or are you just uploading the cs file?

If so and you are new to programming you need to understand the difference between a website and a web application.

as nopcommerce is a web application the dll needs to be recompiled and uploaded. the cs (code behind) files do not need to be uploaded
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.