PictureService.GetPictureUrl optimization (critical if pictures are inside database)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Check this page on codeplex:

https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/11638
10 years ago
Thanks for suggestion. But I can say that most of the pictures are cached in presentation layer. And you can store pictures on the file system now
10 years ago
What is a preferred behavior? To store pictures in db or not?
Well with that function not optimized my feed generation took nearly 3-5 minutes. So that yandex was not able to get it.
Maybe because its too much pictures for presentation layer to cache. But speed was not faster comparing first request after application restart and second.
With optimization feed generation takes from 6 to 11 seconds. So it's worth changing.
10 years ago
Please try storing pictures on the file system and let me know whether it became faster (binaries are also not loaded from the database in this case).

It could also be slow because you have too many products. Or using some version before 3.10 where additional requests were done for each product (to load variants), etc
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.