Which Version of Visual Studio is best to work with nopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I am thinking of taking nopCommerce as a reference for my e-commerce website and modify it according to my needs
I know to modify nopCommerce i need Visual Studio 2008 Version but i have few questions:

1) Which version of Visual Studio is best to work with nopCommerce :
Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Version ?
OR
Visual Studio 2008 Enterprise Edition ?
OR
Visual Studio 2008 Professional ?
OR
Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition ?

2) Whatever version of visual studio 2008 i am using from abaoe but is it ok to use SQL Server 2005 standard edition with it ?
14 years ago
Read this topic it might help.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=2299
14 years ago
Microsoft Visual Studio Version Selector
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv\VSLauncher.exe
SQL Server Management Studio
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\Ssms.exe"
Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\vcsexpress.exe"
Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\VWDExpress.exe"
Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
%SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\InetMgr.exe

I have similiar issues as well.
Sql Server Express (SQL Server Management Studio) seems to install a MVS Version Selector that causes problems
vslauncher.exe causes this error "The Visual Studio language support for C# has not been installed."
Meaning no double click but first open vwdexpress.exe and then open the solution

vcsexpress.exe (2008) cannot open nopCommerceStore with SQL Server express (installed first)

but even so reports "Solution folders are not supported in this version of the application." (microsoft typical)
and of course nopCommerce.sln has 'Dependencies', 'Libraries', 'Payment', 'Shipping', 'Tax'

https://www.nopcommerce.com/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=1985 is worth viewing.

It might be my problems are due to Visual Studio 6.0 (for C++ 32 bit compiling), Word 2000, Excel 2000, Access 2000 and IIS supporting ASP but without Jet working being on my machine,
but clearly you should look at the database scripts ([nopCommerce]\NopCommerceStore\install\scripts\*.sql)

I have just started to use this project as a learning tool so I might mislead you by mistake
but what matters is for your Sql Server to be available on your Web Server Platform.
14 years ago
I am sorry my friendS but your replies didn't answer my questions , sorry i know express version could be used but still having problems like (the express versions of web developer can't compile or interpret the C# code)

But i asked in my questions that :

1) Which version of Visual Studio is BEST to work with nopCommerce : PLEASE suggest me 1 version of VS that is not experiencing any problems out of these
Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Version ? OR Visual Studio 2008 Enterprise Edition ? OR Visual Studio 2008 Professional ? OR Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition ?

2) Whatever version of visual studio 2008 i am using from abave but is it OK to use SQL Server 2005 standard edition with it ?

14 years ago
Go with VS2008 Pro (or VS2010)
14 years ago
If i go with Visual Studio 2008 Professional, is it ok to work with SQL Server 2005 for database ?
14 years ago
Yes.
14 years ago
thanks a lot my friend...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.