Product Attributes and pricing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi, I'm working through how to configure products which have rather complicated pricing structures.

Example:
1. price per item varies depending on colors, custom logos, etc.

2. Setup charges apply depending on number of logos, custom colors, etc.

This is for custom imprinted merchandise (mugs, keychains, etc.)

The first is easy to implement, I just create variant attributes and assign values and pricing to them.  NopCommerce handles this just fine.

For the second, I don't see any way to implement it in NopCommerce.  In this case, I need to add a per-order charges for setup, and not add the charges to each item.

Any suggestions on how to make this work?  I have done some customization of the source code to implement other features my customer requires, but this one seems beyond my level of expertise.

Thanks,

Eric
14 years ago
Could you not add a new a new product "Print". You can set up required text options (e.g. the text you want printed) and any attributes (e.g. The color of the text to be printed).

Then customers add products like Mug, T Shirt etc. to their cart. Then they must add the "Print" product to their cart with the required options.

You can add instructions on each product so that the customer is aware of the process.
14 years ago
nopCommerce team | retroviz wrote:
Could you not add a new a new product "Print". You can set up required text options (e.g. the text you want printed) and any attributes (e.g. The color of the text to be printed).

Then customers add products like Mug, T Shirt etc. to their cart. Then they must add the "Print" product to their cart with the required options.

You can add instructions on each product so that the customer is aware of the process.

Is there some way to require the addition of the new product ("Print" in your example) when the first product (e.g., the mug) is added to the shopping cart?

Thanks,

Eric
14 years ago
Not currently as Bundled products are not yet implemented. You could add it as a related product but this still requires the user to add the product manually.
12 years ago
Hello,

Is there any progress on bundling? We are implementing a site for a Promotional Products company. Most of there products require a setup charge or multiple setup charges depending on the variant selected. While the per item cost will change by qty changed, the setup charge will remain the same.

Any ideas?

Regards,
TJ Havens
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.