Installation problems

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I am trying to get the shopping cart installed on my server. It works fine when I run it on my laptop from Visual Studio 2008, however when I moved it out to my server I am running into the following error when I try to run the setup wizard:

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Nop.HttpModules.MembershipModule' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\lb\web.config line 176)

My directory structure looks like this:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\lb

There are other folders in the wwwroot folder, and some of those other sub folders under wwwroot have other .net apps that are running fine. This is nothing else of real consequence in the wwwroot folder.

I do have the lb folder set up as a virtual directory. And did verify that the Nep.httpModules.MembershipModule is in the bin directory.

I'm not sure what I am missing, I messed around with it for over 3 hours and just couldn't figure out why the application can't find that library. In fact it can't find any of the libraries, because when I removed line 176 from the web.config and tried to re-start the cart, it just errored out on the next line referencing UrlRewritingNet.Web.UrlRewriteModule, UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter.

Anyone have any ideas or run into something similar?

Thanks,
Mike
14 years ago
It almost sounds to me like a permission problem, what OS and IIS are you running
14 years ago
I am running Microsoft Windows Server 2003.

I did end up solving it, although I'm not sure why what I did to solve it made a difference.

Some where along the line of having problems getting it running I had also made the administration folder a virtual directory - I removed that, and viola, it worked.

Mike
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.