Password Protect Store

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hello, I have a quick question,

Just wondering if it is possible to password protect a store so that only registered users can view items.

I thought that someone else on this forum had asked this before so I dug around but could not find anything related to this subject.

Thanks guys, mike.
14 years ago
Go to admin area > Configuration > Global settings > Other tab. Ensure that 'Allow navigation only for registered customers' is checked
14 years ago
Thank you soo much. The support here for Nopcommerce is amazing.you guys do a great job, keep it up!
14 years ago
RE   navigation only for registered customers

Andrei, this is a very useful option in v1.4, however, i feel  it has a couple of issues in that it is too restrictive ie

1) if an already registered customer has lost his/her password, the 'forgot password' link on the 'login' page does not work

2) in 'global settings' we can choose whether or not to allow new customer registration but if we select 'navigation only for registered customers', no customers can register - the two options should be able to work together.

i think 'navigation only for registered customers' should also allow navigation to the 'register' page, 'forgot password' page and possibly even to the 'contact us' page

regards,
hayden
14 years ago
Hayden,

Thanks for suggestions
9 years ago
I was looking for this setting in the latest version of the store and cannot seem to find it.  I don't see a Global Settings -> Other tab.  Please advise if this feature still exists or where it was has moved to.
7 years ago
davidjsilva wrote:
I was looking for this setting in the latest version of the store and cannot seem to find it.  I don't see a Global Settings -> Other tab.  Please advise if this feature still exists or where it was has moved to.

For anyone coming across this post in the future, in version 3 you can access functionality that will allow you to do this through Admin > Configuration > Access Control List.

Once there, you can remove the following 4 privileges for Guest users:

Public store. Allow navigation
Public store. Display Prices
Public store. Enable shopping cart
Public store. Enable wishlist
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.