How to add a custom page?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi.

I'm new to nop and I am slowly picking my way through the system.

The 'user' side of setting up products etc is fairly straight forward, thank you for that.

My questions are to do with customisation. Like your questioner above I would like to remove the references to the blog and forum, I tried to follow the response given and laugh though you will I could not find the module folder mentioned, so I am guessing that changes like that have to be made in the source code version BEFORE it is deployed? (at the moment I am working on a local 'deployed' copy running via VS2012 on my localhost).

Another question. I can see how to create new pages based on the answer above. What I would like to do is have my own home page - plus others - seperate from the cart, but with a link to the cart to open it? Can that be done? I.e like the above usr, have a site within a site. THe only way I can think of that at the moment is using a subdomain which I am not keen on.

also, for my demo purposes I would like to change the WORD MANUFACTURERS where ever it is mentioned to say, quick search (the demo will house clothing examples' and that is a good facility to use to quickly display products in size ranges. I have it working but I would like to change the header.. Is that straight forward? (obviously don't want to change any asp.coding)  

Finally, if it is possible for someone to point me in the direction of where to start to change the css layout(s) / create my own theme?

Thank you.
11 years ago
@RayH1066,

you can disable the blog and forum from the admin panel and it'll not show it on the front-store.
(you can do with your deployment copy) - don't need any code change for this.

Check this screenshot.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/001ib.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/002ls.png/

and for forum below link the same way as blog.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/003pt.png/

----

If you want to change the word manuafacturer you have to go to database.
find setting table.
and you can find there the word MANUFACTURER.
change that and it'll change in your app.

----

For css layout.

Go to themes folder

It resides under Presentation/Nop.Web/Themes
there you can see different themes.

and you can make changes from there.
also you can create new folder there and create new theme there.
check the file structure, it should remain same as default themes.

Hope this will help you to get started.
11 years ago
Brilliant.. Thank you, just the leg up I needed

Cheers
11 years ago
RayH1066 wrote:
Brilliant.. Thank you, just the leg up I needed

Cheers

For changing the word manufacturers instead of changing the database you can do it from back-end , just navigate to Configuration>Languages , now click on View String Resources , Now on the value section , click on the cup like image which will open the search filter , typing Manufacturers in it will display all the resource name which have Manufacturers as a text , Change it , This way you can change the heading etc throughout the website , without touching the db.

Hope this helps
Thank
11 years ago
Hi

Thanks for that tip - I was just going to ask you again about it because I just cannot find MANU... within the settings table, I even copied out the data, dumped it into excel and did a find MA, but it didn't show.

I'll try the second method.. Cheers
11 years ago
Hi

Ha, that got it, cheers
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hope this screencast will help

broken :/
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Look at NopCommerceStore\Modules\HeaderMenu.ascx control

Hi, is this still the method to go by in 2.65?
11 years ago
You want to add custom page ?
11 years ago
Yes please!

I've use the method for creating a topic and the editing the views/common/menu.chtml and adding the links like as follows:

<li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "NewPage" })">@T("New Page")</a></li>

Is this still method or is there a better way?

Another thing, what is the best way to comment something out? Is the HTML comment method fine <!-- comments -->
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.