Overriding Admin Menu Item

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi,

I am trying to override an existing menu item from the administration area in a plugin but cannot fathom how this may be done.

I have followed the tutorials for creating plugins and have also inherited from IAdminMenuPlugin and followed the various posts.   Through these tutorials I have been able to successfully add a new menu item (which isn't what I require) to the menu in the administration area.

What I really want is to be able to override Catalog->Categories->List and replace it with the functionality that is within my plugins controllers and views.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Andrew
10 years ago
You can probably edit the Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\sitemap.config and change the nopResource to your custom page.
10 years ago
Thanks Mark!

Do you reckon you could include a sitemap within your plugin?
10 years ago
The sitemap isn't the same thing as a 301 redirect. If there is anything wrong with the admin sitemap (i.e. the plugin didn't load properly)  then the admin section won't load either - I don't advise editing the sitemap on the fly for redirecting.
10 years ago
Many thanks again Marc (gotcha name right this time)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.