Tier Pricing - Can I reverse it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I have a "different" store model whereby we give you your first qty of 5 free (but you pay for shipping), should you want 10, then we'll add on an additional $3.95.

I thought tier pricing would help here but tiers only works when the first tier is greater than zero and the next tier price is lowers than the previous.   In my case I want it to go like this :

qty 5 = $0
qty 10 = 3.95
qty 15 = $7.90

Odd i know, but that's the model this home made shopping cart system has been working for years and works well.

Assuming I get past that hurdle, I have to somehow detect for each new item added to the cart that shipping is added to cover the first 5 free qty of that item.

Example

Item A :  Cart Qty : 5 = Free   Shipping = $4.95
Item B :  Cart Qty : 5 = Free   Shipping now equals = $9.90

When
Item A increases Qty to 10 :  5 free + 5 @ $.79 (using modified tier pricing = $3.95)   Shipping still @ $9.90

Any ideas on how to implement this model would be great.

Thanks,

Michael
10 years ago
Without custom coding, the only option I can think of is to set up variants (Grouped/Single product), and have one as "First 5 free" with $0 price and allow only max of 1.

For shipping, you can use Shipping by Weight if you can set each item to a unit weight (e.g. 1), and then set up weight ranges  0 - 5, 6 - 10, etc.
If it's more complex than that, Shipping Director can do more complex calculations - see blog about Per Item Shipping Rates
10 years ago
That was the answer I was looking for.  Much better option than custom coding.  Thanks a lot for the input.  I have already put it to use and solves my problem.

Again thanks for the quick and helpful response.

New York wrote:
Without custom coding, the only option I can think of is to set up variants (Grouped/Single product), and have one as "First 5 free" with $0 price and allow only max of 1.

For shipping, you can use Shipping by Weight if you can set each item to a unit weight (e.g. 1), and then set up weight ranges  0 - 5, 6 - 10, etc.
If it's more complex than that, Shipping Director can do more complex calculations - see blog about Per Item Shipping Rates
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.