Suggestion: nop version filter in forum search

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi,

I think everyone like the way extensions downloads are organized on nopcommerce.com.
It gives you a clear option of filtering the nop version for which you are interested to search for an extension, plugin, template, etc.

I found myself many times browsing for hours the forums in search for a particular problem, happily getting a lot of search results, but found that most of them didn’t apply to the nop version I was interested on.
Even now there are many posts on the same topic mixed up, but each one being related to a different nop version.
Nop is a live creature. It gets matured and many of the old topics just did not apply to the latest versions. This is probably most obviously in the Development forum.
If every contributor would have indicated the version of nop his/hers post refer to, this confusion would’t exist. Not all of us are so disciplined…

Nothing I wrote above intended to undervalue the certain quality of the nop website, that don’t even worth mention, being evident.
So, maybe in a future version of the nop website, it might be useful to add some kind of version filtering in the topic search engine. It’s just a suggestion.

Regards,
Sorin Solescu
10 years ago
What it has helped me to find very specific topics is to do a Google search focused in Nopcomerce.
Example: [search words] site:nopcommerce.com
10 years ago
Don't know about filter, but at least another column on topics list could appear. Often opening topic and finding that's about version 2.4, 2.6. But I intresteed as minimum in 3.0.

But that's will be more helpful for people who working with lower versions.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.