Using HTTPS / SSL in checkout?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hello,

I have nopCommerce installed and working but I'm not use how to set it so that once a user enters the checkout processes it will switch to using HTTPS/SSL URL.
I would think it to be best that anytime a user even logs in the URL should be HTTPS/SSL

Is this a setting in the admin or do i need to modify code?

Thanks for any help
Shane
14 years ago
1. Install SSL certificate
2. Open web.config file
3. Find "UseSSL" setting and set it "true"
14 years ago
I am using nopcommerce 1.3.  I have looked in the webconfig and don't see anything like "UseSSL".  I googled that and don't see anything.  Can you give me further direction on how to get the website to use the SSL certificate?

I see in the Global Settings --> Security, that it asks for a Encryption private key.  I am using GoDaddy.com for hosting and they certificate is already installed on the site, but I don't have a private key.  Any idea how to get it and if I need it?

Apparently our site is on a dedicated SSL server, but I have a feeling that it might be a shared SSL location?  If so, can you give an example of what I would fill in that field?

Do I need to change any folder with any special settings in order to utilize SSL for the checkout?

Thanks!
13 years ago
Its too late to answer. But I have just installed the SSL Certificate in my IIS as per Service Provider's Direction. Then I enabled SSL from the backend (Admin Panel --> Configuration --> Global Settings --> Security Tab --> Enable SSL CheckBox). This worked for me.

Now the Registration, CheckOut and Login works over HTTPS.

:-)
13 years ago
Hi,
I don't have this option in NOP version 1.50, but besides that,
you can also integrate a free codeproject HttpModule from Matt Sollars
to be more flexible:

Switching Between HTTP and HTTPS Automatically

The module can be configured in an own section of the web.config where you can define which pages should use ssl an which not or which should be ignored and so on ..- - you can do the same for whole directories. This could be very helpful if some checkout return pages from credit card payment methods only work properly when ssl is enabled.
13 years ago
We're getting an ssl cert for our new (upcoming) nopCommerce site.

When we're installed, and I've enabled it, what actual "parts" does it secure?

I know registration, admin and checkout, but is there a particular subdirectory(ies)?

I've been reading through the manual we purchased, but don't see too much in the way of detail on that subject.

I guess:

http://www.oursite.com/administration/*
http://www.oursite.com/checkout.aspx?

I'd be interested in learning what is <actually> secured, to know more about nopCommerce.

thanks

David
10 years ago
I too would like to know what parts of the website use HTTPS when SSL is enabled.
10 years ago
I have created a HTTPS binding for my nopCommerce site in IIS and then gone to the admin section to enable SSL and set the urls for the site.

It saves ok and I can see that after the postback that I am in my admin section, but with the HTTPS url that I have specified.

But as soon as I click public store, it hangs for ages before telling me that my HTTP url is not available.
10 years ago
Secure socket Layer establish a secure communication environment and it encrypts the communication between user's browser and web server. Thus protects your sensitive information from eavesdropping and security threats.

VoIP - http://www.chesstelecom.com/VoIP-Systems
10 years ago
what particular pages are secured if I enable SSL from admin panel? is it only login, and checkout pages? Or all pages including category, manufacturer and search pages too? can someone help?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.