Setting Up Multi-stores

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I am setting up multistore and have a question.

Instead of a CNAME redirect is it possible for multistore to work with :
www.store1.com and www.store2.com A records pointing at the webserver and then
binding both domains to one website in IIS?
10 years ago
Yes this is possible.

To set up multistore do the following:

1. a) Go to your domain name host and create a CNAME record that point to your stores main domain.

DNS example

www.store1.com

DNS     TYPE      TARGET I.P
-------------------------------------------------
*           A           0.0.0.0 (your webhost i.p)
www    A           0.0.0.0 (your webhost i.p)

www.store2.com

DNS     TYPE      TARGET I.P
-------------------------------------------------
www    CNAME  www.store1.com

b) Alternatively if you have access to your web server:
Setup both domains as the first example then from IIS create two sites as normal but point both sites to the same web directory.

2. Under configuration / Stores

In the HOST values field enter at least:
store1.com,www.store1.com for the first store.
store2.com,www.store2.com for the second store.

(add all possible host values for your websites domain separated by a comma).
8 years ago
I want to setup Multiple Store on my IIS to show my boss in LAN. How can I do that? I have entered following in my host file: (my PC's IP is 192.168.4.117)

192.168.4.117       MyStore1
192.168.4.117       MyStore2

Currently, nopcommerce is hosted on 192.168.4.117:8003. Now if I am giving Store URL to MyStore1:8003/ and MyStore2:8003/ . Still both URLs are showing default store only.

How can I set multiple store on my local IIS?
8 years ago
I made blog post with detailed steps on how to do this which you can find here: http://frankouimette.com/nopcommerce-setting-up-multi-store-on-your-local-iis/
6 years ago
I need a little more guidance on the setup on an IIS server. So far I have create instance of nopcommerce and published to IIS web server. I have create additional store in nopcommerce admin and set the HOST values in nopcommerce. Then, in IIS on the default web site, under bindings, I have added a site as per Host settings in nop and set the ip address to the ip of the server. I am not sure if this last part is correct and if not, what should I do or what should I do next?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.