Single page checkout

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi,

I check your changes,

I still think that the best solution for all those problems related to addresses can be solved by using radio buttons to select the billing address and the shipment address, with giving the customer the ability to add a new address or to modify an existing address, (You can show max 3 address for billing and 3 address for shipping sorted by date, with a button more… which shows the full list) (you can set the address in one designed line)

This will solve the problems to you, and it is going to be more reliable and practical,

I suggest a small test.
14 years ago
I'll give it a shot.
14 years ago
Modified mostly to be as you recommend. I think I like this layout better for sure. The funcationality would have been the same had I added the Edit button to the previous layout. This did add more changes to the site as I had to account for address edits/deletes having a return URL other than the My Account page.

Let me know your thoughts and whether you find anymore bugs.
14 years ago
The link provides the source for this.

Please be advised that this is not going to plug and play unless you can recompile your code. Be warned that nobody will support anyone foolish enough to install this unless they know what they are doing. Do not install in your production environement until you have tested. Etc, etc, etc.

Please let me know if this needs more work or should be done differently.

I removed most of the localization. This makes it harder to integrate into the site base code but easier for people to install in their environments. You will need to adjust all strings manually, not in the localization area. If someone wants to make a version with localization, I will be happy to post both versions.

All questions need to be asked in this thread for future searchers.

EDIT: Removed link
PM me with an email address and I'll forward you the zip file.
14 years ago
hi,

-While the waiting animation is working, if you select a method of payment for example it will automatically rested when then the waiting animation stop.

-I suggest that the table for billing address to be on full width of the empty space

-If the customer checks the different address you can show the table of shipping address below by may use an Ajax to control this issue (suggestion)
14 years ago
-While the waiting animation is working, if you select a method of payment for example it will automatically rested when then the waiting animation stop.

Do you think something else should happen?

-I suggest that the table for billing address to be on full width of the empty space

Full width of the billing address container or full width of the page (including the area where the shipping address pops into?

-If the customer checks the different address you can show the table of shipping address below by may use an Ajax to control this issue (suggestion)

I thought about this as well but wouldnt want to maintain two separate Edit Address areas. If you added fields in the future you would have do so on both Address Edit areas.
14 years ago

Do you think something else should happen?

(really i dont have any idea now, but there must be a  better solution)

Full width of the billing address container or full width of the page (including the area where the shipping address pops into?

(including the area where the shipping address pops into in which the shipping address can be under the billing address)

I thought about this as well but wouldnt want to maintain two separate Edit Address areas. If you added fields in the future you would have do so on both Address Edit areas.

(may be edit and new address buttons in both billing and shipping will direct you to another page to create / modify the address,)
14 years ago
Hi crholliday,
I would like to try your single page checkout code, but the link provided no longer works. Can you please repost?

thanks.
14 years ago
It seems like my host doesnt like me hosting the file for download via HTTP.

PM me with and email address and I'll send it to you.
14 years ago
http://www.trendysg.com
This site has already implemented a single check out, also including some other functionalities, there's a feature called 't$', it could be somthing like 'win points' when you place order
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.