No Database Instance

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Me fixed, I was providing wrong database name.
7 years ago
In my case, going from my local SQLEXPRESS to an internal staging SQL server... my connection string needed:
Integrated Security=True
7 years ago
Integrated Security is not necessarily required.  You can set up users in the DB, but the DB needs to be configured in its "SQL Server Authentication Modes" for Mixed authentication - SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode.   (Using just Windows authentication is considered a more secure choice.)
5 years ago
imarrero wrote:
For the future searchers, also:

In my case, it was because production database hadn't got activated the option:

[] Sql Server and Windows Authentication  mode

Nice headache until I´ve found it ...

Thank you!

this was my problem too .thanks
5 years ago
I am getting the same error for as no database instance in this case. I had checked the connection string in the settings.txt and its correct.

In this case, I am migrating the website from one server to another server so I had copied all required source file and database. I am not sure what causing the site to run.

If anyone may have similar situation before, please let me know.
4 years ago
There are some of summery solution that i have mention as below
=> Since i had moved a live cart to a test server, the settings in the database for that cart had force ssl and also force www before any url. Also under Store settings i still had the domain info for that site which was now difrent in the test server. Once i noticed this and updated the database it all started working.

=>  You try change settings.txt file:
DataConnectionString: Data Source=localhost/IP;Initial Catalog=DBName;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=DBUser;Password=DBPass;MultipleActiveResultSets=True

=> In my case I need config application pool for nopcomerce

my connection string
DataProvider: sqlserver
DataConnectionString: Data Source=.;Initial Catalog=nopcommerce370;Integrated Security=True;Persist Security Info=False

I need set Application Pool Identity to user has access right to db
Check the image to details.

=>  Check also db permission.

=> try with
Data Source=9X.2XX.7X.XX\"yoursqlservenameinstance"
or
Data Source="yournamemachine"
or
Data Source="yournamemachine"\"yoursqlservenameinstance"
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.