Go Daddy

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
OK so I have had the site running perfect on someone elses servers and I am making the move to godaddy I am nervious about traffic so we moved it. Anyway I can not get the site working again . I have the database, the site  everything is up I tried it with jsut an upload of the MDF and LDF files but it would not work and then I tried the site the new way and cann ot write certin imortant files to teh server no null values alllowed even though they were there before someone has had to have moved a working sote form point a to point b before what am I missing please
14 years ago
looks like it is because I have a SQL 2008 fiel and it needs to be SQL 2005 fore the 1.1 version of the web publishing wizard or whatever is it.
Now all I need to do is fine out how to revert to a sql 2005 database from a 2008 one
14 years ago
if you have vwd, you can select the database explorer, select the database and select publish to provider - and select sql2005 as the target database

EDIT
Visual Web Developer (download from microsoft)
14 years ago
VWD?
14 years ago
Question.  I had mine running locally using SQL 2008.  Using the SQL Wizard I copied the database to my 2005 GoDaddy database.  
Now when I open my store, the Default.aspx page works fine, but I can't seem to register a user or access the Admin section.

Any ideas?
14 years ago
yeah it is the same problme i had it does not autmatically upload teh stored procedured or the one personal stored even I thinik it was
you need to run the script but when you do that the site goes to hell. Thats wher I am stuck
You used wizard 1.3 version yes?
14 years ago
SteveDude / jenealogy:

It will help the persons trying to answer if each and every time you state the version (goes for everyone else posting in this forum as there are now 5 or so versions) you are using and the script version you are trying to excecute.

Is the script for creating the db, data, populating or what. And which version of the script are you trying to execute?

You mention you have 1.11 but are trying to run a 1.3 script?

Don't know about what you mean by copying your 2008 db to GoDady's 2005 db. How did you do that?

I don't have an answer but maybe trying to pay attention to my commments someone will have an answer(s) for you.
14 years ago
My version is 1.3 of NOPCommerce.  Runs great on my development setup using Visual Studio 2008 and MS SQL 2008.

Using MS Database Publishing Wizard, I copied over my database to GoDaddy.  Note that they only have MS SQL 2005.  It seemed to copy over just fine.  I've checked some of the tables and they seem fine.  Have not checked them all.

My problems:  Can not register a new user.  Can not open the Administration section.

Checked the SQL Log and found that the error created when trying to register is that ther eis no @Signature being passed into the database in the Nop_CustomerInsert sp.  "Procedure or function 'Nop_CustomerInsert' expects parameter '@Signature', which was not supplied."
14 years ago
I am using verison 1.4 and had the sitte ruinning somewhere else on SQL 2008 and IIS7
I moved it to godaddys servers and I can not put my database with information back in the site. I can get the site and get the tables all made and uploaded but it wil not let me put my information back in the table
14 years ago
jenealogy

Did you also copy the files from your appropriate local nopCOmmerce folders to GoDaddy?

I do not use GoDady so my guess is that the files at Go Daddy (aspx, dlls, etc) are for a diff version than the contents, stored procs of your db.

Similar situtation may apply for SteveDude.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.