How do you impliment sales of partial quantities

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Our store sells fabric and other products sold by the yard and partial yard.  How can I implement a product that allows a customer to purchase fractional or partial units (ie: 1/4 yard or 2 3/4 yards)?  I'd be ok if the product would allow the customer to enter the quantity in decimal form instead of a limit of 1 unit (ie: .25 or 2.75)

Regards,
Dave
14 years ago
I have the same issue (fractional units).  Our previous storefront classified items by either whole items or via meterage.  Unsure how to acomplish this sofar in Nop.
14 years ago
I have seen another store handle this by setting up variants on the product as 1/4 yard or 1/2 yard.  
Then the price changes for 1/2 yard and the quantity is still whole units.

That still did not give us enough granular control so I've modified Nop to allow decimal quantities.  Another attribute was introduced, minimumIncrement.  This has allowed us to have items that have a minimum increment of 1 (whole items) and then for lace and textiles we set minimum amount to 0.5 with an increment of 0.25. (we work in metres).  

All the fields in Nop relating to min/max quantities, stock on hand had to be altered to decimal.

I haven't gone through regression testing but sofar everything has worked.
Validation occurs per productVariant where quantity has to > minimum Amount and multiple of Increment otherwise errors are sent back to the end user.
14 years ago
Unfortunately partial quantities are not supported yet
14 years ago
Hi Jafin,

Do you have this updated software and can you share it?  I'd be more than willing to help regression test.
14 years ago
The same thing, just donloaded the product - it looks great, but can't find a way to deal with part of meter.
(of course it's possible to use price for centimeter but it would look strange for the customer).
Not shure if it' hard to customize it (found 993 matches in 66 files for word quantity, except SQL code)

Do you have any information when this fiture will to be implemented?
13 years ago
I also have the same problem where I need the quantities to be decimals and not integers. I have just downloaded the 1.6 version to check if this has gone into the latest release but all the quantities are integers.

This is the only functionality which is holding me up from releasing out to a live environment.

Does anyone know if there are there any plans to get this into a future release?
11 years ago
jafin wrote:
That still did not give us enough granular control so I've modified Nop to allow decimal quantities.

Hi Jafin,

I would like to do the same, can you shed some like as to how you did this???

Cheers,

Mike.
11 years ago
I haven't looked into this issue in nopCommerce, but I did build something similar in another custom cart system.
I would suggest looking into the source code and see if you can change the data values from int to double.  I'm sure there are several places in the View, Model and Controller to make these changes, but if it is essential to your storefront then...jump in.

I too have some custom features needed that I am having to modify or add to nopCommerce.  
(Customized barcode label printing, etc.).  I hope to build a plug-in for these later. Good luck
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Unfortunately partial quantities are not supported yet

I’ve done it and did what you said Jafin, just jump in, thanks mate!

It seems to all work fine.

Variants were not an option for me as it didn’t take the values out of stock and it looks silly. The fact the Quantity and StockQuantity are not decimal is beyond me. Apparently this will not be offered in version 3 either, such a shame as the cart is brilliant apart from that.

Anyway I started by changing StockQuantity in the database to decimal and worked through the models, interfaces and controllers until a compile was happy, then the big job “Quantity” and in the end the numbers just all added up.

Quantity and StockQuantity should have been either a Double, Float or Decimal from the very beginning. I see no reason why the new versions shouldn’t have that option.

Cheers,

Mike.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.