Single-Customer Support on Multi-Store- same customer should be treated differently

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi Support Team,

I am a Developer, just found that next version is almost there to release 3.20, celebrations :). I have been using NopCommerce from last 5-6 months with no problems (except code optimization/speed but its an ongoing process of dev.). So I keep changing the code as per business requirement but today I got to know now we need to configure multi -store support on our website. After doing all setup(beautifully and successfully) where I am stuck now is with the customers.

I included a StoreId in the customer table, which works fine with everything now. User is able to login on the basis of (username, password, storeid). Fine as of now. But the problem is with the registration. Already registered user if trying to register in another store gets 'Error of already registered' - I fixed it too by checking now with storeid again. But being email and username a primary key is the problem (I can change it too).

And knowing the fact u guys keep upgrading the NopCommerce I don't want to change in the table. As your next release can break my customers record in mapping somewhere.

Can you guys let me know if you are going to support in near future as I can see this should be the basic functionality missing for a multi store and should be taken on high priority. And to tell I am there to help u guys in the development. I just don't wana my store to get synced out of you guys wonderful work.

Thanks
Akash
10 years ago
[email protected] wrote:

I included a StoreId in the customer table, which works fine with everything now. User is able to login on the basis of (username, password, storeid). Fine as of now. But the problem is with the registration. Already registered user if trying to register in another store gets 'Error of already registered' - I fixed it too by checking now with storeid again. But being email and username a primary key is the problem (I can change it too).

Why do you need Customer tied to StoreId?
10 years ago
We also have a requirement that 'ideally' a customer would only be able to log in and purchase from a single store. In our use-cases, it's not good to have a customer end up at another stores URL for whatever reason and place an order.
10 years ago
We are on the other end of the spectrum where we treat the different stores as departments so a single login works for us. What would be nice in scenario like ours is for the customer to be able to carry his cart from one store to another.

What would be nice, is to have the option to configure Nop for both scenarios, as well as allow for carts to be transferable between multistores.
10 years ago
talex wrote:
We also have a requirement that 'ideally' a customer would only be able to log in and purchase from a single store. In our use-cases, it's not good to have a customer end up at another stores URL for whatever reason and place an order.

Can you give an example? I'm just having a hard time figuring out why anyone would want a customer on one site and not the other
10 years ago
mattsoundworld wrote:

Can you give an example? I'm just having a hard time figuring out why anyone would want a customer on one site and not the other

Consider a B2B application, not just B2C.
10 years ago
Like business A buys from site A and business B buys the exact same thing from site B?
10 years ago
mattsoundworld wrote:
Like business A buys from site A and business B buys the exact same thing from site B?

B2B is Business-To-Business Applications (not how you are used to thinking about NopCommerce).
B2C is Business-To-Consumer Applications (how you are currently thinking of NopCommerce).

For example, consider a produce warehouse that sells to local restaurants, or perhaps someone that provides menu placemats or anything to various other businesses (NOT consumers). Those businesses will want to be able to have their employees go to the site and order products from store, but other businesses would not want someone elses employee to be able to order new napkin rings or something that the store doesn't need when they (the current user) aren't even associated with that client/customer.

Hope that helps clarify some.
10 years ago
I do understand the requirement  which NopCommerce considered of. But keeping store id (not mandatory) will definitely help guys to have multi-store in real time.

Having a store for wholesale market, another for public general use (just an example) and the owner want both to keep different as wholesale store has different customers, one wouldn't love to get his customers logged-in  in wholesale site too.

So what I understand is NopCommerce is very good if one has www.storename.com, www.storename.ca, www.storename.co.uk but not good for a www.storename.com and www.another-store-name.com

Or, either owner can announce them sister sites publicly and so login details too, but I doubt anyone would want to do so. So all I am saying it should be optional not mandatory alternatively one has to install two databases for each store and can keep a check on connectionstring which one to bind at runtime.
10 years ago
I strongly agree. This feature is a must. I have two stores running on two installations just because of login problems.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.